Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had to deal with Aetna for Long Term Disability? I am soooo frustrated with them. They have rejected my claim twice now. They were fine for 6 months approving short term but now they won't give me long term. They say they don't have enough objective evidence to support my claim. I have had 5 surgeries total on my neck. I am fused from c3-c7. I still have a great deal of pain so I take morphine and Lortabs every day. I also cannot use my hands for any length of time without them going numb. I cannot type (daughter typing this for me). Aetna says that since I can walk, there is no reason I can't work. What does walking have to do with it? So, if anyone has had issues with Aetna and has advice, please let me know. I think I am going to have to get an attorney. I can't afford one though. Ugh! Thanks for letting me vent! :)

• Does your neurosurgeon or Primary Care doctor state that you cannot work? Have you had any mri's or EMG testing done to show nerve damage or impingement? They will usually send you a document to be filled out by your doctors. Getting an attorney can be both expensive and take a long time.
  • Hi, kfortini! Have you checked to see if there's a Legal Aid program in your area for people who can't afford a private attorney?

Best wishes!