Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to Train my programer, help me help you all!

Ok so this thing is in.
They used my defalut settings from my trial till I go in on Tuesday.
I belive they will turn on the motion sensors then too.
Either way I promised to use it as little as possible till then.

I have coverage of the areas and it is pretty dang close to my trial was.
I am sure we will "tighten" it up on Tuesday.

SO as I begin my work with my programer.
I have done HOURS of reading from dozens of folks about programing.

I figure this is MY chance to pay it forward. See I live RIGHT BY Medtronics head quarters. Not more than 10 miles form my front door.Yes I am exactly the type of brazen ass who would gladly go camp out in their front lobby.

So here is your chance to help me TRAIN MY PROGRAMER!

I figure this is like I am Anne Sullivan, and she is Helen Keller.
I have to find a way to discribe to her what she can not even sence.
Now if I can teach her to speak implant, she will excell as she does she will be able to spread it around.

I see her again Tuesay..the good, the bad. what do you wish your programers knew ?
Tips, hints, complaints.
Help me help you!

One love !

Jester in Ja's court :)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    what you are asking?

Help you train your programmer?

We have had hundreds of people talking about their SCS andt their trials and afterwards. But , I can not remember anyone talking about it like you are. Programers are people not machines.

I think it would be helpful if you explained exactly what your problem with the SCS is and what your expectations from it are
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • No roblem just trying to hlp her be good at her job by understanding what WE feel.
    So I figured I would pass along some of the concerns I have read here.
    I was inviting input. How to discribe the feeling and how the diffrent things effect it to someone who has never felt it .

I was not sugesting she is a machine, Iam sugesting she need to learn to program as best she can and I can try to help her
    It si one thing for them to read about it another to understand.

For insance one member here got to program himself :)
    Jester in Ja's court :)
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 08/18/2013 - 7:12 PM
    Kort Jester
    I think I know what your getting at.
    I have five programmers that I can use in my area. Yes some are better then others and the One that helped me the most went way out of the normal to experiment with me and see if she could hit on something. It worked and worked well. Programmers are given the basic ideas of what to do but keep in mind that your unit has about 44,000,000 combinations if you have a sixteen lead paddle or two perc 8 leads.
    So what would I want from a programmer?

First off would be a person that at the least knows what a TENS unit is and how it works and feels because of the similar sensations ( not saying similar results)
    Many programmers have not even tried a TENS or IF unit.

Second I would love to have a experienced programmer that has had a trial. Yes even if they didn't need it it would be great if they knew what it felt like and not come off with stuff like it feels like you have beer in your blood. This was actually told to me.
    If the trial is so safe for us they should be willing to have a trial done so they know what it feels like and don't guess at what it's like.

Third is some one that will try odd things to see if you get results. If not nothing is harmed they just reset it back. Experience does make.a better programmer because they know what adjustments will move your sensations north to south or east to west.
    They must give the patient the ability to make has many adjustments that they can. Some do not open the options for some patients

Programmers can not be in rush, they have to take there time to dial you in.
    We are all different, location of leads is different, units used are different this changes everything.

Sell us the programmers unit, about $1200 and we could do our own. I would anyway.

Oh yeah and my one pet peeve. Programmers should carry a back brace belt with Velcro to
    hold the programming antenna on your unit. Holding it by hand for a hour isn't the way to go.
    Some have you sit back in the chair to hold it against the chair. The problem with this is you get better results leaning forward in a chair then leaning back or sitting straight up.

Well this was just a.few ideas I didn't put much thought into it HaHa

I am very happy with my unit and the reps have been great. My last programming was done with a new rep and the areas sales rep supervising him. It took extra time but I don't mind.
    They need more training. Everybody is different and there is no right way to program everyone. It's all trial and error until you think you have the coverage you need

These are my ideas from my experience. I am sure somebody will disagree with me but so.what.