Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe pain to back and legs

I had a spinal fusion back surgery done last year in March of 2012. I recently have been getting injections to the thoracic spine. I just recently had one on Friday and today is Sunday and I am experiencing some extreme difficulties. I am in severe pain and my legs are completely numb. I only walked maybe maybe 2 feet to my bathroom and now I can not walk. Any time I try to stand up I end up falling right down.I also have been having severe pain in my lumbar spine area as well. I am unsure of what I should do at this point. The pain is just unbearable. I have also been having short lasting fevers. If any one could please give me any advice as to what I should do that would be wonderful.

• If you are unable to feel your legs or control them, then its time for the ER as that is an extreme reaction. If you can physically walk but its too painful to do so, then that's different and I'd suggest calling the ortho/neuro on call to get his/her opinion as to what to do. Also, what is a "short lasting" fever?

33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.