Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling really down today

Feeling really down today as I found out that not only am I not eligible for FMLA because the company I work for is too small, but that if they terminate my job before the doctor releases me back to work after this upcoming ACDF that I won't be eligible for unemployment either. :( Just feeling like no matter what I do I am going to be broke. Scary.
Not enough vacation time to cover my time off. No short term disability through this company either.
Boo. Hiss. Boo.

Prayers for myself and for everyone else who is feeling hopeless tonight, whatever the reason.

One Love,

• All we really have is perspective. I'm choosing to hang on to a perspective of hope for now. That's not to say tomorrow will be better, as I waffle between hope and despair based on the pain I live with Stephanie.
    I just take it day by day, hour, or minute by minute, to avoid early retirement 44style. I've had those moments and they are always a sure fire way out. So I keep that ace in my pocket. Last resort and final act.
    However, there IS hope. I've seen it and felt it and god knows I've been through hell and I'm still alive. There's a reason, a lesson, and a blessing in everything I go through.
    Hang on and don't quit five minutes before the miracle happens.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Where things are really down I think about this phrase: "Every cloud has a silver lining"

Things always happen for a reason. Nothing just occurs without some meaning. The problem is that we always don't understand the reason and meaning at the time.

Thinking about you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • So sorry to hear about your news...my thoughts and prayers are with you___Todd_____south carolina
    my everything hurts