Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Loing term results from spinal stimulator implant

jiffreyjjiffrey Posts: 6
edited 08/27/2013 - 4:14 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I am three weeks post op from spinal stimulator implant, things are going well, adjusting to the device is taking a bit of time. Anyone else who has had for few years and has your results worsen over time or do you get the same pain reduction.
Jeffrey Alexander

• Hi
    I am about three years out on lumbar scs and still have real good coverage.
    From my experience you're coverage will get better has the leads scar in.
    You will most likely need reprogramming along the way. This is normal.
    Around six months with good programming your about at the best it will be.
    Again I have to stress the skill of your rep makes a big difference in your results.
    Don't be shy in a few months if it's not giving you the coverage you need and ask for reprogramming. They don't know if you don't ask.
    Remember these are another tool for pain not a cure and they are not perfect.
    Good Luck