Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trial stim day 1

So far so good. Lots of discomfort above the bandage, going to assume that is normal. I have the Boston Scientific Precision model. Anyone else with that have some advice on going forward?

• 64pvolvo1800664pvolvo1800 Posts: 250
    edited 08/26/2013 - 11:51 PM
    My trial did have pain in the upper back while giving me immense relief below. I had the same BS model for 24 hours and dislodged a lead so it had to come out early. Even so, it was a successful trial and I meet the surgeon I morrow to pursue a permanent version. I wish you well.
  • Still doing really good so far, the site where the wires are going in hurts really bad. Ice seems to help it out though. Other than the site, my pain level has gone from an 8 to a 3. It's fantastic!
  • if you have a shower chair and plastic garbage bag you can get your front wet. you will feel great start increasing activity with care day 3ish
  • Hello all, just wanted to get on here for the support. Looks like a great site! I will look around but after 3 years of treating the SI joint I found out that it was my lumbar all along! Needless to say I have changed docs. I have 2bulging disks, facet inflammation and DDD. Not uncommon on here but I would appreciate some feedback on what to expect from SCS. Am I looking at pain reduction or pain relief? Thanks y'all. Les
  • For my trial, I was told they needed at least a 50% pain reduction. I is not a cure, but a tool to use when we really need it. I left mine on almost all day at a low setting, almost unnoticeable until I was in more discomfort. I would raise and lower as I needed to. Overall I reported an 80% pain reduction with the SCS, and I didn't take any of my percocet for the entire 4 days of the trial.
    I see my Neurosurgeon on Sept. 6th to go over the perm implant, hoping to get it done before too long! They did the lead pull 12 hours ago, and I want it back already!!

Good luck to you Les, let us know how it goes!