Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rose back into hospital

Hi all
I had high fevers all weekend long, so sorgeon admitted me back into the hospital for a full infectiou disease workup
Hope its not from the spine/brain

Hugs to you all
Rose ( ex stenosis rose)

• I feel so bad for you Rose. We all fear surgery and this is one of the reasons. Prayers are with you and I hope you start to heal soon which of course happens better home free of hospital germs and constantly being disrupted of our much needed sleep. Please keep us updated when you can.
  • Rose, I will keep you in my Prayers. I hope they get this all under control for you ASAP. As Vicki has said please keep us updated when you are able to.

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Sorry you have had such a hard time!! That's just terrible!!
    99/00 L4/5 & L5/S1 herniation
    2001 L5/S1 microdisectomy age 25
    severe DDD at surgery level
    2011 pars
    2012 RFA L/3/4/5
    7-02-13 L4/5 l5/S1 360 fusion ALIF PLIF
    DX spondylitis , DDD, scoliosis, and slight kyphosis
  • I had an MRI done tonight and then i cant eat anything after midnight
    In case they have take me back to surgey.

I and all docs are rooting for a very serious urinary infection that ended up in the kidney
    THat would be curable

But docs all said to me today in a "non,-alarming way"

For those who pray, i would appreciate prayers

Hugs and hershey kisses
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    My thoughts are with you Rose, hope all goes well for you and you get back up to speed and back home asap.
  • Rose,

I'm praying for strength and healing for you, and wisdom for your doctors.

Please keep us updated!

• Rose,

I am praying for you and let's hope it is the urinary tract, No infection is good, but when in spine or brain Very Bad.
    My Surgeon actually came into my room on Sunday I was scheduled to stay until Tuesday, and He was telling me that
    He see's many infections of the spine/brain and thought is was Best for me to get out on Sunday since my vitals were all
    Ok. I am thinking about you, and hoping they get control of this. Please keep us all Updated as we are all One Big Spiney
    Family here and we all care about each other and understand each other when other's have no clue as to what we go through.

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Had an ultrasoun guided needle aspiration of fluid in my spine and am anxiously waiting results

If the fluid has any "germs" off to surgery

I am afraid
  • I have been following your progress from the beginning and cannot believe what you have been thru. I will keep you in my prayers and the Doctors that are treating you. Pray for a Speedy recovery and release from the hospital where you will be more comfortable at home.

Orlando Florida
    4 Level ACDF
    October 15th, 2013
  • Keep those prayers and well wishes coming i my friends.
    1st and very primary report only 200 white blood cells were found in all of that blood.
    But little white blood cells means NO INFECTION

If infection first white cell count would have been in the thousands.

More pathological reports pending and more tests being done on my blood.......the wait for these results are killing me
    I still have a huge smile on my face and love and concern for others

I will get through this and with your friendship and support, it will be that much easier.
    Love to my spine buddies
  • Praying 4 U 2-Nite Rose!!!! Let us know if you are able.
    CA Wife and Mom, 55, L5-S1 Microdiscectomy on 7/12/13
  • They found out that i have a HUGE KIDNEY STONE and that something "moved it or shook jt"
    And the ston e rubbed against the kidney wall csusing the wall to bleed.

Being moved or sbook???????

CHEST VEST RING A BELL? Used unnecessarily on me

99 percent i am going home tomorrow and hope i get to stay home this tiime

Love and hugs

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Oh yeah Rose,
    Makes you wonder, I know I would suspect that. How terrible would that be if it indeed caused you this mess?
    Take care,
  • I really think yhat darn chest respiratory clearsnce system nuggled this kidney stone causing bleeding
    It also csused more fluid build up around the ad urgical sites, leading to needle ultrasound aspiration
    And now my foot drop.is worse.post-op than before the surgery
    I am trying to live minute by minute and not havr to be re-sdmitted again in a few days
    Love to all
  • PamhoffcaPPamhoffca Posts: 163
    edited 08/30/2013 - 8:50 PM
    Rose...that is great news!!!! No surgery that is!!! Lets hope that was your las visit to the hospital!!!
  • I've been following your story from the beginning. Hope you are done with the hospital and recovery can begin!! Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. Good luck and God bless.
    PLIF fusion L4-L5 and Decompression July 31
  • Are you home yet? I still want to talk about the PID. I'm not sure the other. Have you been in much pain? Are you in MHz paint. You have not mentioned before. Hopefully you are out since the germs are our worst enemy.
    Lots of prayers coming your way.
  • My incision sjte was swollen so until a doctor exams my incision,i csnt go. Home

I waited from7:00 am untio now and still no doctors

I hope the doc shows up on SUNDAY
    I am going stirr crazy now, its been 19 days, i think
  • I've been following your surgery. Long hospital stays are very trying... and not just physically.... Looks like you might not make it home until Tuesday... Hang in there. Prayers your way. (and can you ask a hospitalist to examine your incision? They should be qualified to decide if it needs to be swabbed etc. I'd be upset with the surgeon at this point. Makes me even more appreciate of mine.)
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Even the best of the best arenot perfect.

Yeah, it just might be tuesdsy when they dischsrge me for the second time

That would be my three week anniversary of th surgery

There is still a slighf chance that they may have to open me up to remove fluid thst should not be sitting next to my incisions

Hanging in there Rose
  • You would think he would have an on call stand in. Hope you get outa there soon!!
  • hang in there... all of us are thinking and caring for you...
  • Looks like am stuck in the Hospital at least thru TUES

The big guns return and will decide to do another needle aspiration, put a drain back in, surgery etc...
    I am getting bummed.
    Imin NYC and all my friends and family are in NJ
    Home and get crackng on vurriculum, lesson plans, for he starts teaching in two days
    edited 09/01/2013 - 8:17 AM
    Hugs to you Rose. just think of me in the middle of a Calif heat wave with no a/c, going through hydrocodone detox. not fun. Ive cried 3 times already this morning. So hard but I can do it. Been sleing down and this is the week to git-er-done!!
  • Out of the blue at 4:00, this resident said i hsd to leave the hospital ASAP

So i scrambled to get ready and went home
    With a very swollen,lumpy, bumpy incision site

edited 09/02/2013 - 4:02 PM
    I wonder if this isn't just another hospital mess-up. It was a resident that released you? No explanation?
  • Was that he had spoken to my surgeon and the surgeon told him to get me dischsrged ASAP

My nurse and i were dumbfounded because sat am my spine became swollen after the needle aspiration procedure

I could have been discharged on friday but nurses phy assts,spine team members all told me that i should stay in the hospital until TUES when the surgeon returned from vacation.

But out of the blue, they would nit let me stay overnught even thiugh that had been recommended to me since the swellen
    Began on SAT
  • Rose
    From my experience the surgeons want us out of the hospital ASAP so we don't pick up a infection.. Infection after any spine surgery can be a real issue.
    No need to worry but get ahold of the doctors Tuesday if they don't call you and ask what the plan is. My guess is there is a germ running around and they wanted you away from it .
    Stay on them so they don't drop the ball
    Good Luck
  • Mama-SchueMMama-Schue Posts: 337
    edited 09/05/2013 - 1:57 PM
    Rose, you are one tough girl. I hope that you are starting to feel better now that you are back home. Hang in there!!!

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014