Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

moving spine

I have spondylilisthies. I did something really stupid an was in terrible pain for 3 days. Had to call pain mgmt see if I could take extra meds. Was awful. Anyway. I was sitting in chair all bent over an I tell you it seemed I could feel my spine move. Kjust wondered if anyone else ever felt like you knew it just slipped one way or another.

• I think I know exactly what you're talking about and have had the feeling (with accompanying cracking sounds) many, many times. I have not; however, experienced it since my fusion 4 months ago. Just before I decided to have surgery I did something stupid, too. I walked on my treadmill for one hour and could barely walk for the next 3 days! I'm thrilled that I'm now walking 45-60 minutes 5-6 days a week and suffering no pain from it. :)
    Lumbar laminectomy L-4/L-5, 2006
    XLIF with posterior pedicle screws L-4/L-5, 4-23-2013
  • Yes, I had surgery to stabilize my spondylolithesis. When I went to bed at night, my spine shifted into the right place so I had no pain. Every morning when I got up it was a new day and I felt great. As my day went on and the pressure built it would slip forward and tilt. I had developed synovial cysts under the vertebra (my n/s said this was rather impressive......yay me) and they would fill during the day and then drain at night. The more activity I did, the more pain I had. Heavy cooking, cleaning, shopping, exercising all caused pain and it was hard to walk. I realized right after surgery that I had been walking around with just a sick feeling that something was really wrong with me and that feeling is now gone. I'm not 100% pain free, but probably 80%. I understand that I have had excellent results (so far) and that I'm one of the lucky ones; I thank God for that every day. I'm still hanging around here because I know most back surgery superstars are out waterskiing and don't have time to post about their experiences. It's been such a life changing thing for me and this site has been so tremendously helpful, I'd like to give back a little bit. Also, let me add that before surgery, standing was the worst, especially on a hard surface. When I was outside and saw a neighbor walk toward me I would bolt inside my house because I couldn't tolerate standing in my driveway. 2 1/2 weeks after surgery I went to Costco with my hubby, we ran into a friend (also a back patient) in the parking lot; we stood there talking for 20+ minutes and I wasn't in pain. Of course I had loaded up on Percocet to go on that outing, but still!
    Lumbar laminectomy L-4/L-5, 2006
    XLIF with posterior pedicle screws L-4/L-5, 4-23-2013
  • Helen3Helen3 Posts: 205
    edited 09/01/2013 - 4:27 PM
    But I had never noticed until then. Thank u for responding. Its nice to know I'm not crazy! I am still trying to understand my problems!