Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lost strength in my left arm

Not sure if this relates to a pinched nerve in my neck, but I had a pretty bad bike fall a month ago and since the fall, my left arm has lost most of its strength mainly when I try to use my shoulder muscles, lifting things up above the head, I find it hard to cut meat with the knife in my left hand(I am left handed), it is hard to squeeze things ie pressing the deodorant button to release the deodorant, etc. My left thumb is partially numb.

I am not sure what has happened to me to cause such a condition, obviously I have done some damage.

I am currently seeing a physio and chiropractor and the both tell me it has to do with pinched/damaged nerves. But are they the nerves in my neck, spine or my arm?

Do you recommend I also see a neurologist?

I would like to hear from any body that has had a similar condition to mine and if they were able to resolve it.

Currently I feel frustrated at not being able to put on my back pack, my left arm gets stuck with the strap, or I find it hard to put my left arm in my jacket's sleeve as I have little strength to do it.

Before the accident my left arm was the strongest.

• I am left handed and had lost strength in that arm as well. I have persistant pain & have
    for almost 5 mo. now. I have congenital spinal stenosis, DDD & a bulging disc complicating the stenosis. I couldnt lift
    a gallon of milk w my left arm. After 3 mo. of pain & weakness, I have regained strength in my
    left arm, yet still have pain. So after being told various things by various drs, I hope to have full use of my arm no matter what.