Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have experience with EDITED TO REMOVE FACILITY?

Loosing HopeLLoosing Hope Posts: 1
edited 09/06/2013 - 7:09 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been in an immense amount of pain since March 2012. I have tried everything in my power to live a normal life. I was scheduled for XLIF surgery on L4/L5 on June 6, 2013, but then found out that surgery denied covering it. I've been fighting ever since, but recently learned about the ** edited to remove facility name. **. The closest office is 3 hours from my, but they're tell me that an XLIF is too evasive and that they can "fix me." I don't know if insurance will cover their procedure if they won't even currently cover the XLIF by an orthopedic surgeon. Has anyone had any experience with them? I'd appreciate any and all information!

Thank you!

Standards agreement and posting rules
Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.
Post edited by the Spine Health Moderation Team
Please review the forum rules prior to posting at these links for more information.

• airborne72airborne72 Posts: 245
    edited 09/06/2013 - 7:07 AM

To quote Pink Floyd..."run like hell." In my opinion, they are a sham. Just contact them and see if you don't begin to "feel" apprehensive about their business practice.

Also, do a search on this forum and you will read several previous threads concerning LSI.

• That particular group does nothing but burn the nerves in the areas that cause you pain, they do little if anything with insurance since most of their 'procedures' are not covered, and of course, they will only address one problem at a time, so if you have more than one condition going on, as most of us do, they want you to come back over and over, each time paying out of pocket.........
    Be very careful , and if your insurance would not cover the regular surgery, he can appeal if he feels it is medically necessary, but stay away from places that sell you, high priced alice in wonderland dreams........they usually turn out to be nightmares in disguise.