Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Epidural Steroid Injections

KimmiekaylewisKKimmiekaylewis Posts: 4
edited 09/03/2013 - 4:01 AM in Spinal Injections
I have2 bulging discs in my lumbar region..the surgeon said he didn't see anything that would require surgery at this time but scheduled me for 2 epidural steroid injections.I have had one and it did nothing to relieve the back pain but did help with the sciatica for 4 days.I am scheduled for another one in a week--my question is...if this next injection doesn't work what would be the next step? seems to me if it helped my sciatica then there is something that can be corrected surgically..does this make sense? I just wanna be out of pain and am willing to go through a surgery if it will work. HELP! Need someone who has been through this before.

• There is a link to the Treatment of Chronic Pain step by step at the bottom of this post. Read it, it basically gives you an outline of the steps of treating Chronic Back pain, so you have an idea.
    I know that you think that you are in pain now, but surgery is not the cure for that. Surgery is never done to relieve pain but it is done to relieve a mechanical problem. Anyone going into surgery for pain relief is going to be disappointed, and in fact, might find that the pain can become much worse.
    If I could go back and undo my first surgery, I would......no matter how bad the pain was previous to my first surgery it is nothing compared to where I am today.