Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle stiffness

are there any drugs/supplements that work for muscle spasms and or stiffness, this is my chief complaint (t8-t9 bulge). can't seem to find anything that works well against the muscular pain. i'm in the uk, they dont appear to prescribe soma, cyclobenzaprine and other muscle relaxants. i tried baclofen but it really did nothing at all. i have been given amitrityline can't say that does much either, as this is a very common source of pain with slipped discs id be interested in how others control there muscle pain/spasms. (this is a chronic issue, disc has been bulging for over a year following an injury, it does appear to be a lot better than it was 6 months ago)
advertisement

Comments

• sandisandi Posts: 6,302
    edited 09/04/2013 - 2:53 AM
    can also help to improve muscle stiffness. Check your pharmacy for the over the counter muscle rubs and creams available to ease the stiffness. Also baclofen, zanaflex, robaxin, and there are others all work well to relieve muscle pain but need to taken on a regular basis for them to work
  • any muscle rubs in particular? im using capsaicin at the moment, this does appear to be working relatively well. id be particularly interested in treatments that not only people have subjectively said work, but even more so if they have been scientifically studied and prove to work, thus taking out the placebo effect.
  • Lili_InuLLili_Inu Posts: 633
    edited 09/04/2013 - 5:07 AM
    Which pilates/ yoga exercises help with your thoracic pain? My worst pain is coming from the thoracic region. Thanks!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Got DVD from McKay's an like it. I can only do the warm up stretches but just got it. A few on there hurt my neck so don't do those.

Got DVD on palates too but hurts to even watch that one! Lol!

Muscles in my back contract so hard nothing helping. But the stretches really feel good. Little at time.
  • any other creams/supplements people have found useful? i'm just starting a course of dosulepin (i think its very similar to amitriptyline) for chronic pain, is this likely to help?
  • Lili_InuLLili_Inu Posts: 633
    edited 09/05/2013 - 4:00 AM
    I take a B-complex supplement that I think has helped. Also, if you are looking for something OTC cream, I use Mineral Ice and that really numbs the pain. It's only temporary, but it does work well.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
advertisement