Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 weeks post op L5-S1 Micro-D flareup after doing well

I had seemed to be doing pretty good post op. Around week 8 was off the opiates and taking only IB during day and muscle relaxer and Tramadol before bed. I started PT at week 8 and WHAM. Got hurt doing pelvic bridges and inflamed the nerve. The week got progressively worse till i couldn't drive one day. I went back to doc and was given another prednisone dose pack which really helped but I just don't seem to be back what I was before. It has been three weeks since the relapse. I changed the pt for now and will go back to swimming and walking after waiting 10-14 days for swelling to subside. That nerve is my enemy. The relapse has been discouraging to say the least. I dont have the pain in my lower right calf as i did 2 weeks with the flare up so im hoping for improvement. It seems the PT was irresponsible for now. i didnt know better because my 2 other non nerve compressing herniations "healed" and I did PT and got strong. Even pre op i was on elliptical 3-4 days a weeks and walking so right now im no worried about my leg strength and more concerned with letting this flareup swelling go down.

Has anyone had any issues post op with professional PT being a negative?


  • on the PT part. It could be that the PT was following your lead, you seemed to be progressing well but this one excercise . There really is no way for them to know unless you tell them that something hurts and usually they step back a bit on the therapy but if there was no indication that anything was flaring up prior to the excercise, how were they supposed to make that determination?
Sign In or Register to comment.