Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, I'm back

Hello Everyone...

Well after feeling really good for 2 1/2 years my symptoms have all returned. In 2010 i had facet injections at levels c4-c5 & C6-c7
and i must say that i have been amazed at the results, literally all of my symptoms disapeared.
I've had no neck pain or radiculopathy in my right arm and my full ROM returned, there was a time when i could'nt turn my head
because it would lock up. Anyway i feel i had good results because the injections were administered in the OR under general anesthesia but i knew it wouldn't last forever :(
Anyway in July of this year i had to move and unfortunately the move did not go as planned even tho i hired movers. I had no choice but to lift some very heavy items namely a television that i had to carry up a flight of stairs. I am so upset over this because i tried so hard to avoid another injury. Anyway i have been in very severe pain daily for 2 months. I was seen by a Neurologist on 8.29.13
and had a 4-way view as well as a MRI on 9.3.
In Sept 2010 i was diagnosed with DJD with foramanal stenosis at c4 -c5 & c6 - c7, i was told by my Neurologist at the time that i have been in need of surgery for aleast 1-2 years prior to that. At the time of my visit with him i was told there was no spinal cord compression, but i feel there may be now because of my symptoms :( My next appointment is on 9.26 for my results and i am hopeful
that i may be able to have another set of injections because i am not at all ready for a fusion but i may not have a choice.

Thanks for listening...

• Even though surgery is not something that most of us want, if it can correct the problems and get you back to the land of the living and not leave you with cord damage, then it is something that must be done.
    Read the back and neck surgery forums , there are lots of members who have traveled this road with you and you will find they all are more than willing to help you while you travel this journey.
  • Hi Sandi,

Thanks for responding, i saw my pain management doctor on 9.26 and was told that two levels are bad c4-c5 c5-c6 the same discs that have been causing me problems since 2007. Anyway he is suggesting an injection along with PT, i have been reluctant regarding the physical therapy because it has never given me long term relief in the past but according to my Dr this treatment is a special type of spinal therapy so i'm going to try.
    I haven't read my MRI report as of yet but i have requested a copy of it. My main concern with the surgery is this, my 86 old mother lives with me and could not take care of me should i need surgery in the near future so i don't know what i am going to do :( I am really trying to have a positive ou look regarding the injections/PT but i also know that my discs are not going to heal on their own. I also wanted to ask a question, Has anyone of my fellow spineys ever expierenced disc pain while swallowing or yawning? These symptoms just started happening to me last week.Thanks for listening everyone i really appreciate it!