Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

posterior c1 and c2 vertabra fusion

just wanna know how long it takes for c1 c2 posterior vertabra fusion to heal and if i should still be hearing clicking and crunching noises over a month after i had surgery. really need some advice. i still have alot of pain and discomfort. cant sleep in my bed and cant even wash my hair properly. so please if anyone had this type of surgery contact me and share your experience it would be greatly apreciated. thank you
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome. I had an anterior fusion back in Jan 2011 and freaked out about the same issues. The crunching sounds are normal and so is the pain. You should be seeing your doctor again in 2 weeks so p,ease ask these questions yourself. If the pain is not being addressed by your current meds, call the office. Everyone is different and healing rates are different. I have known people with the same surgery as I had with the same doctor and they progressed much more rapidly than I did and had very little pain. I found out later after a year and a half of unexplained pain, that I had permanent nerve damage that they had not tested prior to the surgery at C6/7. I still would have to do the surgery to prevent further damage at other area but it would have been nice to know that I wasn't crazy. Hang in and keep the faith. Things will get better.
    Just make sure you follow all your doctors orders. Don't push yourself!