Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Meds

Im hoping someone can answer a ?? I have is there a name used for people that have tried various pain meds prescribed by
Dr.and have no relief is there a medical term for that
Unfortunatly I have tried everthing with no result they just dont work and I havent abused them I would like to research this
Thanks Pat

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 09/11/2013 - 11:36 AM
    It may be that the medications that you were on, were not at a proper dosage. It is extremely rare that no opiate pain medication would have absolutely no effect on your pain levels. Pain medications are not meant to remove all of your pain, but instead to alter your perception of it, and to block those transmitters a bit, and reduce the perception of pain.
    All opiates have some effect, even at reduced dosages, but it does take some time and effort on the part of the doctor and the patient come up with a combination of medications that relieves about 50% of your baseline pain levels unmedicated.
    Opiates do not work on neuropathic pain, in most cases, but there are medications that do- cymbalta, gabapentin, lyrica are just a few.
    What condition is it that you are trying to treat?
  • Sandi, hi I have had 4 back surgerys with not much luck on the low back for some reason I have a high tolerance to meds and I havent abused them they just dont want to work I have been told there is a name for this I would like to find out/
    Thanks Pat