Hi alll - I am 33 years old and have had recurrent c5/6 disc herniations. After 2 epidural shots w/little relief I have been told that surrgery is basically my only option. I have a 5 month old bby. The surgeons that I have seen all have said that I can return to holding my baby / picking him up soon after surgery, if not a day or 2 after. Are they being truthful? He is about 15lbs at this point. The only reason why I am debating not having surgery is bc of my baby. It took me 3 years to have him, it just breks my heart that I can hardly lift and play with him now. I would love to hear your recovery stories, etc.
Thanks in advance!