Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WORK COMP SETTLEMENT QUESTION

My doc already told me I'll never be able to return to my type of work. I've only don't physical labor my whole life. I have no college at all. I'm 34 with a mortgage and two kids and child support for two other kids. If I do a settlement with a lawyer, what are the chances I'll get money and how do they decide what type of job I'll be able to do? I'm afraid because I know nothing other than labor and my doc says I will have physical limitations forever. I've had two back surgeries in 7 months. My last surgery was last week. I'm scared and confused. Anything at all will help me. Thank you.
Left side MicroD l5-s1 2/7/13. Re herniated immediately
Revision bilateral MicroD and posterior lumbar decompression 9/9/13. Failed. L5-S1 fusion on 3/6/14.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Capsdad,
    I am also on Workers Comp and have a 4 level ACDF coming up in October. I have been dealing with Workers Comp for a year and a half but have only been off work since July when I went and seen a surgeon. I hired a Workers comp attorney in May because I was tired of the run-around and the excruciating pain I was having to deal with everyday that I went to work. My advice is if you have not already hired an attorney please get one that specializes in Workers Comp. They know exactly what to do, what to file, and can help you navigate the insurance company that is representing your employer. They can tell you about vocational training that may be available to you at no charge, Disability for you and your family, Social Security, ETC. So please get the advice and representation that an attorney can give you. I have also found that the Workers Comp are very straight forward with me now. Have you turned in Milage sheets for all your travel for Dr's, PT, ETC.
    You do not need to be scared anymore if you find a good attorney that will fight for you.
    Good Luck

Irene
    Irene
    Orlando Florida
    4 Level ACDF
    October 15th, 2013