Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chat

I'm not sure if we have to have permission to do this, but I would REALLY like to set a Date and Time to have a chat. Not on any particular subject, just a social gathering. I know a lot of us are unable to go out and have those things and if we are, we still feel a little out of it and not quite ourselves. So, I propose that we have a Cyber Social on here. It may sound silly to you, but I know before my surgery, my friends and SO and I would get in a chat room and all have something to sip and munch on and we'd chat as though we were all in the same room. It made me feel so much better and not so isolated. Even though I was sitting on an icepack and sipping water with my meds.

Anyway, how does this sound to you all? I am in the Eastern Time Zone (and may be returning to work next week) and can come in just about any time. Thoughts? Am I over stepping my bounds? Is this absurd?
36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
6 PT visits in 2013
Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
Re-herniated in January 2014.
Epidural on 3/3/14.
A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    edited 09/23/2013 - 7:31 PM
    We had a great chatroom running, members came in everyday and whatever time of the day or night we would normally find someone in there waiting to chat. I spent hours chatting throughout the day and the evening and made many friends, I even flew to the US to stay with one and meet up with others.
    Sadly a year or so ago it went quiet and although there have be a few attempts to get it up and running again it has never returned to what it was.
    You are welcome to post an invitation and try again

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • is there another place to post an invite? I thought just posting what I did was invite enough. I'm not asking for daily participation. Just one date. one time. where we can gather as a group
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    You have made the post now see if you get any response.

From experience it is hard to get a meeting at a set time. There have been similar posts made over the past months but nothing really took off. A few members said they had gone to chat and found it empty by the time they got there.

It worked better when people sat in chat and waited for people to come in. It is disappointing that chat is not used any more we had some great banter going on.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I am persistent.. I will pm every active member if I have to..lol
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • nvelanvela Posts: 1
    edited 12/27/2013 - 5:21 PM
    if your looking to get fit I heard this page is good for info get info on how to eat correctly what kinds of foods are good for you to burn weight off check it out

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team
advertisement