Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

hi I've had operation last January and I've been told once i have the surgery i will be improving about 70%. After 8 months, I dont see any improvement and in fact he made my back 100 times worse than before. I still have tingling on my right leg which i had before surgery, also numbness same as before and pain all the time on my lower back, before operation i had pain maybe once a month.
could anyone tell me what should i do?
thank you

• Welcome to the forums.

Personally, I would be trying to get help from the current doctor but if that didn't help, then I would be going to every doctor I could find to get help. Let us know what happens!
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • autistoaautisto Posts: 9
    edited 10/01/2013 - 8:13 AM
    And quite often exacerbate the problem. I used to have extreme back pain, neck pain, joint pain, headaches, you name it. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing helped, until I discovered that all this pain and discomfort is caused by the bones that surround our nerves getting pushed out of their natural alignment. That's why so many people get relief from chiropractors. However, adjustments don't address the real problem, that being neglected muscles and bad positions. It wasn't until I strengthened neglected muscles around my hip and spine, and corrected my posture that I got complete relief from back pain and most other joint and nerve problems.
    Post edited by the Spine Health Moderation Team
    Please review the forum rules prior to posting at these links for more information.
    You are not allowed to post advertisements or commercial solicitations, whether in the form of text links, banners or other methods.

• RennersChickRRennersChick Posts: 228
    edited 09/29/2013 - 3:05 PM
    I've had good doctors and bad. I've had treatments that helped, but only got a bit of relief. I've had treatments that did nothing for me. And now I've had surgery that has made me new again. Sure, there are some struggles and some pains, but it's part of the process. To say that doctors and surgery are useless, considering a lot of us on here are getting help from both of those things, is a pretty unfair statement. It's also unfair to say that they quite often exacerbate the problem. Ok, it happened to you that it was worse after the fact, that doesn't mean it is ALWAYS like that. This is why you should talk to more than one doctor. Seek out other types of treatments. You are correct, a lot of people get relief from chiropractors but there are a lot of conditions that will actually be worsened from going to see a chiropractor and that could end up causing more damage OR an elongated cost that just keeps piling up because of multiple visits. The one thing I will agree on is core strength and posture. Those things can definitely mess up your back and cause pain.

The best thing to do is talk to several doctors (and types of doctors) before giving into the thought that no one can help and it's hopeless and all doctors and surgeries are wrong. Make sure you get to someone that will listen to you. Do your research on your condition and see what may help or may make things worse. It's trial and error with pain more often than not. Don't give up!
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
This discussion has been closed.