Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Posterior Foraminotomy Recovery Times

Hello All,

I want to thank everyone on the forum who regularly contributes. I am getting ready for a Cervical Posterior Foraminotomy on C-5/6 & C-6/7 on 10/14 and have been using this forum as a great reference. I did want to pose a question though.

I would like to hear about people's recovery times. I put in for two weeks off from work to recover and wanted to know how realistic I am being. I have a home office so I can be flexible in when and how I do work, but I put the firm barrier up of 2 weeks of doing nothing. Any thoughts?

Also- Any golfers out there care to share how long it was before they hit the links?

Thanks everyone and I appreciate the insight.

• Well, what did your surgeon say to expect? I had a cervical foraminotomy and microdiskectomy a couple of months ago, and my doc said he normally keeps people out of work for six weeks after that procedure. Compared to lumbar fusion, the recovery is trivial, but oddly enough, it was worse than the cervical disk replacement I had two years ago.

I say oddly because it's minimally invasive, but the muscles that get moved will be immensely displeased and for a good month, if not more, expect pain that feels like slicing or ripping in the affected trapezius muscles. I was actually surprised at the amount and duration of pain.

If you work from home, I assume that means staring at a computer. Be sure to take frequent breaks.
    August 2013 C7-T1 MED
    July 2013 L4-L5-S1 TLIF
    December 2011 C5-C6 ADR
    April 2009 L5-S1 MED