Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cauda equina compression, anyone else?

Gee
I keep finding out more about what the surgeon found when he opened me up.

Its amazing i am able to walk at all.

Severe cauda equina compression?

Ayyyyyyyyy, thank God i kept my bladder and bowel control

I know this is a serious condition of the spine. Anyone else have the same diagnosis?
What was your treatment and what was your prognosis?

Thanks
SMILINROSE
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Rose!

I just had emerg surgery and am also looking for any guidance from others. It has been about 6 weeks post-surgery, and I can now make a few steps without a walking aid, and I can squeeze out my urine to empty my bladder. Things do seem to be getting better, but the weakness in my foot seems like it has a long way to go.

How have you done in the past couple years??
  • Yes. I had the same. I was forwarded on to a urologist and was rx'd meds and bladder training exercises. On that aspect Im better.
    Im 6 years out and have permenant damage to my right leg. Residual weakness, neuropathy and foot drop.
    I can walk short distances but use a cane when out of my home.
    I was 38 at the time and have worked as an RN so it was a very humbling experience.
This discussion has been closed.