Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi,i am all new to this but I need some advice if anyone can help.Ive been suffering from a frozen sholder for 5mths & instead of going down the steroid injection/key hole surgery route which a shoulder consultant has advised has anyone tried acupuncture & has it worked ??? Im willing to give anything a go im at my wits end with the pain & im also suffering with a degenerative disk so the frozen shoulder isn't helping many thanks.

• I've been going to community acupuncture for a while now. I really enjoy it. I have noticed a slight difference in pain. The main thing that I've noticed is that it helps me relax. My practitioner can put and pin in my ear and my whole body instantly relaxes. I also find it nice to be in a room full of positive energy. Give it a try at least a couple of times. I'm still headed for surgery, but I find that acupuncture has helped my quiet my mind and relax my body, so that I'm having an easier time coping with the pain.

PILF of L5 S1 on October 29, 2013. Psoriatic arthritis, spondylolisthesis L5 and fractured L5 and DDD
  • Liz53Liz53 MissouriPosts: 142
    I had frozen shoulder about 6 years ago. First in one and then after lots of PT and steroid injections it improved only to then get it in the other shoulder. I did get acupuncture and it helped I think to ease the discomfort.
    Now I am suffering with back pain, 4 months post L-3-4 microdiscectomy and just had a repeat MRI. Don't yet know the results but some friends suggested acupuncture for this. I think maybe I will try. Anyone else had success for acupuncture with back issues?
  • I have tried acupuncture at my doctors practice with a acupuncture master .as nice as he was I didn't get any relief at all it may work for you but it did not do a thing for me
    good luck
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • i have a complex nerve problem and I have had some success. I still think that I will do a SCS due to several reasons. However, the acupuncture helps the areas the SCS won't cover, plus it promotes healing. I noticed this new doctor uses different methods that seem to work better for me. so, you may need to compare.
    L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.