Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have had a mri, showing moderate thoracic spinal stenosis, superior template fracture, age which the can't determine, I had a bad fall a little over a year ago it has been down hill from there. I also have severe spinal stenosis of the lumbar, no feeling in my right knee to hip, and no feeling in the tail bone area of my but with severe nerve pain in the areas. The mri also showed a enlargement of the collections system of the kidneys, (wondering if this is from damaged nerves. I am on 5mg of Percocet and I have to bite the bullet and ask the doc for a increase, I just can't focus on a good direction when is all I do is fight a mental battle with this pain all day, I want to focus on what I can do be my own advocate. I have my first injection soon and pt is on the agenda as well. I have had 2 hernia operations and my gallbladder removed and a partial hysterectomy at age 29',
So that is my history. I experience muscle spasms, shooting pain, nerve pain all through my back and legs. I cannot stand more than 5-10 min at the most. Have to sit with my knees bent and kind of hunched forward. I can't hold my arms out for to long it hurts so much I have caught myself holding my breath a lot. Wow is all I can say, my life has changed so much. I use to drive a big rig, lol 128lbs, 5'2. Who would have guess this. Thanks for listening

• KarenDKKarenD Posts: 742
    edited 09/29/2013 - 2:15 PM
    Welcome.. Unfortunately, it seems that there are a lot of young adults with spinal issues. What kind of doctors are you seeing? Is someone recommending anything for the nerve pain, and not just "pain"? Try to research what you can and try to get to doctors who are "fellows" in dealing with spine issues - the "best" you can find and afford.

Have there been any connections made with the other medical issues you've had?

Look around at the forums and the info areas. There is a lot of good info.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,418
    edited 10/01/2013 - 12:04 AM
    your gonna be a fomidable advocate for yourself!
    I did my 20 plus years, behind and under those big trucks..and they tore me up
    too many years of driving seat to the floor, I 10 to New Orleans BuMpS..etc
    "I just can't focus on a good direction when is all I do is fight a mental battle with this pain all day," you have all the tools you need to think critically, and positively under stress, its learned and earned the hard way

life on the road wasnt at all on how you handled the strait aways...its how you handled the curves
    now life is a set of never ending curves, ups,downs, and blind driving

youve got the tools you need to thrive, trust yourself, honor your self, i mean, take it easy, be gentle with yourself,
    the meds are just a tool, used to keep the pain, if not under control, at least at bay. they can make things fuzzy and dark, the real tools are your Heart
    the will to fight
    your head
    the place where you will decide how to fight
    your spirit
    which will decide how hard to fight

one day, one step at a time will git you there..from here

You have people, a whole world wide community, ready , willing and able to stand at your side on this long walk,, your not going it alone on this dark road, someone is always going to be ahead,and you will not always be behind..
    be gentle with yourself
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• edited 10/01/2013 - 2:55 PM
    Thanks ranch you are so right, I guess I am doing a little trip planning, lol. And it is so true I can't focus on the road ahead until I stand up and become my own advocate. It dawned on me that I can do this so well for those I love, but not myself. Again thanks for the words. I remember that I10. The seat would make that clippity clippity sound as it ran the road. It nice to know my ole trucker friends are in a sense still with me. 10-4
  • slowing down is always the hard part, learning to slow down is harder, and accepting that you have to slow down is the hardest of all. you'll get through this, its just a matter of keeping your head screwed on tight. please dont let fears runaway with your imagination, whats out there in the darkness isnt as scary as what you can make up. research the conditions you have, own them and things will go easyer on your life.
    try not to give in to anger or despair, youll find that some people go through the stages of grief,sooner or later, just remember that its a natural course of things and you'll get through it ok.
    someone has been there before you,dont be afraid to ask when you need to, and even when you dont, a lot of folks dont or wont ask from a sense of self, or of pride, thats in the past, the more you know, the more youll help when someone needs you.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I do help really well, lol. But when it comes to myself not so much.. it's funny you mention, grief, anger. It's really just starting to set in my life is really never going to be the same.....I am going to have to learn to embrace it and make it positive somehow.