Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If it wasnt for music...

ime becoming horrid cynic..
me the optimist!
my walls assailed mercellesly day in and out, are fallin
is the the way?
is this my fate?

yet here and there i find
mote in the darkness

music is flows with poetry
is sheds the rain and is a balm to the soul.

where and what are your touchstones to the light?
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    but to me, music can take so much control of my life. I've been able to escape to where I want to go just by listening to music.

Maybe, I am a product of the '60s, but music has always been able to reach deep into my body and mind.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • one of the earliest songs i remember is seasons in the sun... and lots of singer songwriter tunes. some, Dylan, Guthrie, and some others, well you cant win them all?
    the expression of soul, the need to communicate and share, something so important that everyone could understand, has been a driving force in my life..the feeling of synchronicity, when the mood,music,environment all jell, yeah. :)
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ranchhand, like Ron, I'm not as smooth with words and expressions as you are. I have read some of your poetry and I must say you are very good. I'm sure many wish they could express themselves as you do, myself included. Music is on of God's best creations, it has gotten me through alot of stuff. I am a "child of the 80's" but also remember the song you mentioned, "seasons in the sun" Nirvana did a remake of this song--which I love!! Ever heard, Turn the Page by Metallica remake of Bob Segar's...But, my favorite has got to be "Nights are Forever" by England Dan & John Ford Coley!!!! My husband would sing it to me over the phone when we had to be seperated for awhile due to his military duty...
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 10/01/2013 - 11:28 PM
    Music and books have saved my soul through some really rough patches. Went to see Leonard Cohen, paid heaps for the tickets and were three rows from the front. The word master, three hours without thinking about pain just watching him, his voice as silky smooth and kinda rough as ever, his band superb. At the end, three encores. Wow what a cool guy, younger guys couldn't do three hours. Standing ovations, magic. Taken to another beautiful place and time. I didn't realise he actually wrote Hallelujah, have heard so many versions. For all the readers and book worms out there I still can't believe they have called a drug 'Soma'. I find it so ironic. Luv ya Ranchhand, your poetry Yeh baby!!!
    Music, books, looking up in wonderment at the stars, connecting with cool people are my touchstones to the light.
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,356
    edited 10/02/2013 - 8:39 AM
    I cant help but think..some nite, aeons ago, in some cave, very soon after fire was ahhh,,, discovered, and soon after BBQ was ahh,discovered, some cave spiney was patting his stomach contentedly and wiggling his numb toes, with the pins and needles, and since his sciatica was hurting, gingerly adjusted his furs and started to hum softly to the beat of a log outside.
    looking up at the motes of diamonds in the nite sky, and the ones following them up from the fire.
    lamenting his hard existence, missing his cave dog Lupis, the clouds begin to gather out of the North and a light mist begins to fall. but here in the cave, he is safe and warm.
    pictographs on the wall tell of the life he lead. the birth of his tribe, the mammut accident that almost killed him and that injured his back, the sad looks of his fellow cave mates as they leave him behind for greener,warmer pastures. and him, as he sprays the pigment, over his hand, signifying, ime am here, i am he...
    Hallelujah.Leonard Cohen, his Hallelujah Broken, in his secret life... he gets it, we all get "it" the similar chord, the superstring that binds us all, rersonating through time and tide. what will become of us? God only knows, but out there, the wavefront of radiofrequency waves travel into aether, the eternity we will always know. and out there, somewhere, somewhen, someone will listen in to what we had to say, and sit and maybe wonder at...who we were, this handprint on eternitys cave wall. someone will get it, and emerald tears will come to eyes unsung. and our handprint will touch them upon their deepest, intimacy, their own concience.

we are Spine Health, we are voiced, we have and use this voice...some tiny and seemingly insignificant, others kind and gently, uplifting like angels wings.every voice counts, no matter how small, every one important.

poetry is the souls way of expressing itself, everyone carrys a mote of the poet inside, everyone a spark rising toward Heaven, to join the shards of the whole already there.

i love meeting folks who are plugged in to the stream, they get it, spineys get "it" what life really consists of, idk if its from the long sleepless nites, the pain acting as a bs filter a sieve, to save what really matters and let the rest wash away. music and poetry just happen to be my conduit for channeling my pain. i cant say ime a child of the 80s, even though i spent my teen years there. that innocence...

some where,some when, cave spiney is looking down at his children and smiling, his song is carried down through all of time, still carrys a tune, and still says something
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• So true, I love to listen to particular instruments in a song.I focus on just one at a time. Like Yo Yo Ma playing the cello.It takes such concentration I forget about not feeling good. Orchestras amaze me.
    I love all the 60 and 70 ballads, Neil Young guitar playing is great to concentrate.
    Any jazz, Billy Cobham on the drums.....Anything that can channel the pain away is good
  • some things in music
    Rosin on Bow as itas drawn across the strings
    the keening of the Violin
    the shrill, lonely bagpipes
    the well tuned and loving voice
    a screaming guitar, shredding, or not.
    the piano in a big, still room
    the bottomed out bass of an 808
    the spirited Gael
    the blues
    the airs on a cold nite
    Pacubels Canon
    Ode to Joy
    Lindsey Stirling

It has been a long loving Journey finding and discovering the music
    lovingly holding me in the darkness, or pushing me further
    i hope it doesnt end
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Little Bit Of Miles Davis To Easy The Pain
  • Yes, I agree...thank you for the music. Every day I count my lucky stars that I have good hearing & I can listen to the birds singing, waves crashing to the shore, my iPod & even my children arguing! A sense we take for granted but shouldn't. X
  • if i lost all my senses, but one, i think i could tolerate life a little, as long as the music could take me away
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health