Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Big toe itching!!!!Nerve damage is reversing????

Howdy Partners,

Well i have not felt my big toe in years

And last night it started ITCHING,like I had a misquitoe bite
No bite and still itching a bit today

7weeks post-op and my PT thinks the damaged nerves might be healing and this is why I am getting this sensation.

I'll take it

Its better than pain

Anyone else get an ITCHING sensation?????

• Yes, I remember that feeling........and all of the other weird neuro feelings as well......
  • Is this good news?

• it is great news! That's how it goes, weird sensations and then one day you realize that you can feel something that you didn't before, sometimes a pleasant sensation, at times painful but it all signals that the nerves are firing.....and that is good news.
  • radiculopathousrradiculopathous Posts: 19
    edited 10/06/2013 - 11:26 AM
    In my case I can clearly distinguish three kinds of feeling from this ordeal; I'll give them names:

- "stabbing": radiculopathy/sciatica, it hurts like hell, manifests as semi-regular pangs of pain that are due to nerve inflammation and recede only very, very slowly (when it's really bad I've been pinned down in one place for 48 hours at a time). There's little immediate relief possible - which makes it tragic.

- "numbness": no feeling, the absence of feeling. Sometimes comes with tingling or weakness.

- "fire": burning, tingly sensation, like little stars on the surface of the skin, not unlike that which you'd experience after sleeping on your arm a whole night and waking up with a dead limb. It's intense, it's annoying, but you can probably sleep through it and IMO it's a GOOD SIGN. I think it means the nerves are still alive, and some restoration is happening, because in my case my neuropathy reduces by something like 3% every time this occurs, I feel my limbs more after that. I love it! In my case this is a bit unpredictable, but then again, I never dealt with numbness/weakness for more than two weeks before doing something about it.

I think maybe you are having "fire." Rejoice! :-)

• Thanks

The itching stopped and tingling and numbness worse again, but maybe it will happen again