Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feel hip/si joint come out of socket

two times i have felt my si slip out of joint once on each side and then today i felt a grinding at the top of my left ilium and immediately got severe numbness/tingling in foot and a new location at the fold of buttocks and left leg.

i have been going to chiro for 2 months and going to ortho tomorrow. maybe a disc but how does that explain that my sacrum won't stay in place?

what is this?

• Dont know if this will help you but

I had a total hip replacement in December, horrible sciactica before that surgery from my spine going through my hip

After the hip surgery, never had sciactic pain again

It was weird but a blessing

Guess my hip was so out of kilter, my sciactic nerve that goes through hip was pinched somehow

I think you need a hip xray ASAP, could be a hip problem

• Same thing here, except my hip joints have slipped in and out of socket all my life..I dont know what causes it, it has never hurt me when it happens but I do have alot of back, leg, hip, heel and foot pain so maybe it's silently hurting me I just dont know.....sometimes I get my husband to pull my leg until my hip pops out of socket, when it does come out it's like instant relief. It feels so good and then the second it goes back into the socket the pain returns. So, to answer your question, I dont know what it is or what causes it. Like Miss Rosie says you probably need a scan of some sort ASAP!! Let us know what your ortho says tomorrow. I will be gone for about a week, I am moving and have to wait until I get interenet hooked back up but I will check back here to see what your dr said, I'm very interested in knowing...Take care :-)
  • I hope you go to the Ortho doc very soon

Total hip replacement surgery is the MOST Successful ortho surgery i was told and i have had both hips done and ITS TRUE

It may not feel like the hip yiu were born with, but its the next best thing

Why suffer?

But maybe your hip pain is from your back,
    Either way you need to get to that doctor ASAP.