Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this. Has anyone one had Neurolysis-release of scar tissue/around nerve root?

My doc said its either wait a year to see if nerves heal (microD was in May) or have a Neurolysis. We are at this point.

No guarantee that scar tissue will not grow back or even that the surgery will be a success. Taking a month to think about this.

What was your experience with this?

Thank you in advance

• chrelseycchrelsey Posts: 90
    edited 10/12/2013 - 5:31 AM
    I had a procedure this past week called an epidural lysis, which was to release the nerve that was trapped in epidural scar tissue. What you're describing sounds somewhat similar. But this wasn't a surgery - it was a procedure (albeit a painful one) done in my pain management doctor's office. He inserted a catheter near the base of my tailbone and ran it up to the trapped nerve root at L5. He then injected various solutions to help soften the scar tissue, and then used the catheter to help break it up and hopefully release the nerve. Like I said, very painful, but it it helps, then it will have been worth it.

Not sure if this is similar to what your doctor was talking about, but I thought I would at least share my experience. Have you tried searching the forums for this? If not, I'm sure the site in general will have some helpful information regarding it.

Good luck to you as you decide what your next step will be.

• thank you for sharing. Similar but different. What I was talking about is a overnight stay in a hospital. Its removing the scar tissue that is pressing on the nerve. 4-6 week recovery time. I have declined to have it done, as there is no guarantee that scar tissue will not grow back.
  • to remove scar tissue is going to in fact, cause more to reform. I had some removed during my revision surgery, and of course it grew back and even worse than before.....although my second surgeon did use a fat layer to try to prevent it but it is not possible. At least from what I have read.......