Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP! Median nerve pain after CESI

NitrocoupeNNitrocoupe Posts: 1
edited 10/07/2013 - 4:34 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, being new I hope that I follow the rules and get the right information into this post. I am/was a police officer. On 9/292012 I was in an MVA in which a subject running from law enforcement t-boned my patrol car at 98mph. I had torn cartilage, ligaments and tendons in both knees. Torn tendon and dead bone in my right elbow. MRI of my neck showed C4-C5 pronounced annular bulging of the left neural foramen with encroachment upon left C5 cervical nerve within the foramen.
C5-C6 reads almost identical. C6-C7 says annular bulging very pronounce in left posterolateral vector this produces moderate spinal canal stenosis. It not only effaces the CSF space dorsal lay and centrally but displaces and rotates the cord. Also produces severe stenosis of left neural foramen with certain encroachment upon C7 cervical nerve and moderate stenosis of the right neural foramen.

Since my question is about my neck I won't even get I to my lower back. Everything above is Greek to me and the comp doctor just tells me it is degenerative changes in me and there is nothing he can do to help and my neck pain, upper back pain, arm numbness and headaches should not be happening with what I stayed above. I have gone through a pain management program and have done most of the last year staying away from pain meds.

Today I went in for a second CESI in my neck. First one was in May and offered very little relief. This time he asked me to tell him if I felt any tingling and all of a sudden I felt a shock like a taser from the tips of my fingers in right hand to my neck and down my back. Then it went away. All of a sudden I felt the most god awful pressure on the inside of my arma the way into my hand. The closest thing I can describe it to be was be as if my brachial artery was about to explode. By the time I told him what was happening he was pulling off the sheet and said we are done. I told him how bad my arm hurts and he walked out. It is now 12 hours later and I am having terrible pain in my right arm, my right upper back,(shoulder blade area) and through my wrist. I can hardly move my fingers. It feels like someone is driving a stake through my wrist. I am really concerned about this and would like to know if this is normal? ( it didn't happen in my last injection or either of the two in my lower back) should I give this a few days and see what happens? Is it important to get it looked at now? In the morning? I just don't want something to be wrong and me not do anything and cause per many damage etc. this has been a rough year and any help with any of this would be great fully appreciated!

• Is this a workman comp DR and what is his specialty. I would get a second opinion with an ortho spine or neurologist. Don't ask for a referral from either the comp Dr or PM. Do a web search and find one in your area, or ask around if you know someone. Get a CD with your MRI results and bring them so they can give an independent evaluation.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery