Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member. Cervical Stenosis with Cord Compression

I completely bypassed the new to portion of the forum and was posting on the cervical pain forum. I posted most of my issues over there but I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I am curious if anyone can give me any helpful hints on putting off surgery. I work as an office manager so am at a desk all day craning my neck from side to side and up and down. When I told my NS what I did he actually winced, so I am taking it that my job probably exacerbates my symptoms as well.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic fall day!

C3-C6 herniated causing severe foraminal stenosis pressing against the left ventral aspect of the spinal cord.

• Physical Therapy, massage, heat, ice, aromatherapy, seeing a pain psychologist were things I did to put off surgery. I thought they were going to be helpful, but in the end they did not help enough. Sometimes I wish I had not put off surgery because I think my healing process would have been better if I had the surgery earlier. I have some permanent nerve damage in my L arm.
    Working at a desk is probally not helping, but I can't think of too many jobs that help neck/back problems. Good Luck
  • Hello! Thank you for your response. I go back in to see my NS on the 23rd. I believe I have nerve damage in my thumb....the top of my thumb started out burning 3 years ago or so and now most of the time the area around my wrist extendors ache but my thumb is completely numb. I probably should have gotten everything checked out sooner, but I am no stranger to chronic pain, and as I have scoliosis I always just assumed that was what was causing my pain since I was 16-17, however it turns out it was my neck. I am also going to see if I can be cleared for Physical Therapy. Thank you so much for your response.
    C3-C6 herniated causing severe foraminal stenosis pressing against the left ventral aspect of the spinal cord.
  • Lafcadio here. New member. My doctor gave me Dermatran ointment for pain. Does anyone
    know about this stuff and whether or not it is safe to use?