Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

denied again

Only took another 6 months! Its so depressing. Guess I call attorney tomorrow see he got this letter...

I think next step in front of judge....dread it...

• I was turned down 3 times and then WALLAH !!!!!!

When I first went to SSA, the agent told me that MOST APPLICANTS ARE TURNED DOWN THREE TIMES
    to "weed out" the fakers....they usually get tired on the longgggggg wait and he hoops one has to to through

YOU WANT A COURT DATE.......its good news

Hope for a court date!

• Helen3Helen3 Posts: 205
    edited 10/10/2013 - 3:00 PM
    I applied last year...maybe next time
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 10/10/2013 - 5:09 PM
    Sorry about that.
    I believe the most important thing you can do right now is get a CD of the records that SSDI used to make their decision. You would be surprised how many times the most important information was never received by SS.
    Go to the SSDI Web site and read the section of the blue book listings and make sure you meet the requirements and the requirements of any sub section under it and if you do make sure the medical reports say so.
    SS may not want to give you a copy of your records because you have a rep. Call if they won't make your rep give you a copy. It's been claimed that reps hold back important records to increase back pay of which they get payed from. More back pay more rep pay up to $6000
    Yes many cases get turned down at this level I found the SS people really do want to do the right thing. They have to justify each decision they make no matter which way it goes.
    Have you received a letter yet with the reason of denial? If not take a break until you get the letter. You don't have to share the contents on here just get what you need to show their reason is wrong.
    Good Luck
    Feel free to PM me if I can help you at all

If you do get a CD you will need some help to open it depending on who gives it to you.
  • I'm nit disabled enough...still getting things documented tho...
  • OK so now you need to show how your disability fits a.section of the blue book and why you can't work. It isn't easy but it's not impossible.
    Good Luck