Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5th Spine Surgery to be scheduled

I have been away for a while. Just trying to get back up on my feet. My last lumbar surgery was in January 2012, My husband became very ill and passed shortly after. I had to move and it has been a blessing. Finally started feeling better and noticed neck pain would not go away. Started to notice problems walking. Burning pain radiating down both arms,left worse, Long story short, got another MRI. There is bony stenosis c4-c6 affecting right nerve root. There is a displacement of c7 relative to T1. The disc is uncovered and protrudes superiorly severe right. Moderate to severe stenosis affecting left c8 nerve root. My primary concern is the my symptoms get worse every day. In the past I have postponed surgeries longer than I shoud have. I already have a lot of nerve damage and want to slow it down. I've already had a c3-c7fusion with hardware., Now, T1 is giving out. Is there anyone with a similar history who has been through this. I am having to cope going through this alone now and it is very hard.

• Sorry to hear of your husband passing. It must have been so hard, especially as you were still recoverying from your lumbar surgery.

How long ago was your C3-C7 fusion?
    There are definately others who have had a long fusion surgery like yours and have gone on to have problems below that. I hope that they will come and share their experiences with you.

I had a C3/4/5 ACDF done 11 months ago and am still have problems similar to before surgery.
    I will be seeing my surgeon in a couple of weeks. I am coping with the pain at the moment with taking nerve pain meds. I feel that I don't want to have more spinal surgery (I had a lumbar fusion 3 and 1/2 years ago), but do wonder if my symptoms are due to being left for over 2 years with my cord in my neck being compressed.

Can you go and discuss all this with either your original cervical surgeon or get another opinion?
    I can understand that facing all this on your own must be very hard. There are lots of people here who are going through similar problems and knowing that, and being able to talk to them, will be a great support.