Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my inbox

wondering what might have happened to my mail. I had deleted all but 2 I was having ongoing conversations with a couple days ago. But today they were all gone. With my memory I won't remember who, so If you think you were having a PM discussion with me let me know. I think one was about yoga, the other about aromatherapy??

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    But whenever you delete a message, you will get a confirming message first before you can actually delete it.
    But, once its gone, its gone. So, you will have to depend on others that have sent you messages... Sorry
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • kroberts9kkroberts9 Posts: 8
    edited 02/07/2014 - 7:09 AM
    I'm part of another forum a very large supplement one and every time you get a PM(private message)it pops up next to the feature with a how many you get so you know to reply. just a thought
    after every operation you must push on
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    When we were using PunBB as the software driving the site, you would get a pop-up every time a new private message comes in. As Spiine-Health grew, not just from the online Forums, but from every other piece (Articles, Videos, etc) there was a need for a strong CMS (Content Management System) software to incorporate everything. Drupal was picked as the CMS that offered everything that Spine-Health needed in 2008 and towards the future.

The older style forum drivers (PunBB, PhPBB, etc) were excellent PhP systems, but could not provide the function that were needed. They were however, easy to modify. I used to keep a Spine-Health clone on one of my servers, so I could play with some modifications. We incorporated some of those, but times have changed. Durpal does not lend itself to easy modifications. There is a library of Drupal addons, but we always have to check to make sure that they can be installed without causing interface problems with other functions we provided. That has been one of the major stumbling blocks. Development is working on a better way of handling our messages, mostly a management system by the members, to not allow messages to build and build up over time, just causing backup time.

Bottom line, without all that software stuff, we do not have a function today that will provide a pop-up to the member every time a new message comes in. That is an action that the user needs to take. Since I get so many messages daily, I utilize both the dashboard and having multiple pieces of Spine-Health opened in my browser. So, I just need to refresh the browser to see if I have any new mail. Not the swiftest method, but its all we have today.

One last thing I do need to point out. Spine-Health, part of Veritas company is privately owned and depends on doctor endorsements, and product advertising for revenue. The online forums are a free feature that Spine-Health offers. So, from a business point of view, manpower resources need to be directed into those project that can potentially bring revenue to the company. I am sure this is not what everyone really wanted to hear, but I believe in laying it out on the line. This way you know what we have or dont have.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com