Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How did it happen?

Nothing medical....

I am just curious how many of us can remember the moment our partner proposed to us?
I have heard many creative ways in doing this, I would love to hear the different ways this happened to you. (Or perhaps hoping it will happen)
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I had just started dating my husband after knowing him for about 1 1/2 years and he starts talking about wanting a family with me. I was young and not even thinking of settle down, much less kids. We were at a party and I just left, and he came running after me telling me he wouldn't talk about it anymore. He didn't, but ask me to marry him six months later. Here we are 30 years later with 2 kids: The first was planned after 7 years of marriage, the second was a surprise blessing after 22 years.
  • My husband and I met while working at Target as cashiers, we were both in high school (I was homeschooled and he went to public school) but we dated through college (6 hours apart). He came to my college in PA for our annual spring banquet at Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square, PA (beautiful place) and as we were just walking around the area catching up and seeing the beautiful flowers, we stopped as I was talking about the flowers that I would like for our future wedding. He said, "well before the planning, something has to happen." He got down on one knee, I started crying....and the rest is history, I said YES. We celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary in May 2014 and our 10 year dating anniversary in November 2014! :)
    Olivia Douglass
    MIS TLIF L5/S1 on 5/1/13
  • I have to think about this since it's been 32 years. We were both divorced . He had 2 kids I had a 6 year old and then we have twins. His, mine and ours. I just asked him and he can't remember either so now Ron you have given something else to think about. Now are kids did great proposals. The 4 that are married have found their soul mates which makes us very happy and I have 9 grandchildren which is a true blessing. - lots of joy but now missing a lot due to the being out of commission for so long -the last year anyway . I have to figure this question out. I met him over a typewriter repair -thank God the thing kept needing repair. Funny thing is that I always had dreams about typewriters -and cash registers and he had his own shop isn't something. I'm still thinking.
  • My husband and I are happily married 34 years
    ( we are planning to celebrate our 35th in Venice, Italy and a cruise to the greek islands in 2014)

We met during a Christmas break both working at a retail store.

He was the cashier and I was the gift wrapper.

He would bring the merchsndise that was purchased over to me to wrap the item.

Christmas time! Can you imagine how many trips he made back and forth to the gift wrapping dept?

It was love at first gift wrapping. LOL

• I worked at a pizza shop answering phones. One Sunday morning I really didn't want to go to work but something kept nagging me to go. So I got up dressed up and even put a little make up on. My first call of the day was for a delivery and he called me right back and said "you sound cute I am going to pick my food up so I can see you. We started dating and 3 months later he said if you can make lasagna better than my mom I will marry you tomorrow. We were married 2 weeks later. We will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary on 01/04/13.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    when love is included.
  • susabellssusabell Posts: 238
    edited 11/13/2013 - 1:24 PM
    A very very nervous man on the Beach in Grand Cayman carrying a back pack, with Champagne, Candles, and a Ring. He knelt down on his knee and asked me, shaking like a leaf I said "Yes" and boy was he relieved, it was the Best Day of My Life and His.....I lost him on 2/13/13, life is so un-predicable he was very sick, and I was having a MRI something didn't fee right to me and right after my MRI I got the call He was in cardiac arrest, I was only a few towns away but it felt like for ever, when I arrived the door was closed, I collapsed at the Door. Sorry I got off track, but This was the Worst Day of my Life....I go to church on the 13th of every month I feel much closer to him, when I light that candle. "The Candle is our Symbol" :)

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    When I first started to read your post, the vivid picture was perfect.
    But as I read on and found out about your loss, it set me back a bit.

Life is so previous, we need to appreciate everyday, because we never know when it will be taken away.

I only hope you continue with your strength. It sounds like you have one now by going to church on the 13th.

Take care
  • I knew that we were getting engage because my romantic man asked me to pick out my own ring and then asked my mother to pick it up for him, lol. So any way the night that he had planned to propose we went to my Mom's first (so he could pick up the ring), then we were going to dinner where we had our first date. We had never been there since. So my husband got the ring from my mother, and my stepfather started saying, " we'll, go ahead, go ahead! Ask her!" My husband didn't know what to do, so he got on one knee and proposed. Lol He was so upset because he had planned to ask me at the restaurant outside on the riverfront deck. But instead it was in my mother's kitchen.
    Well we went to the restaurant and we were seated and we ended up at the exact same table. It was not planned that way, just a God thing.