Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is a best friend

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 10/18/2013 - 6:37 PM in Matters of the Heart
I think everyone has their own definitions of what a best friend should be. I would love to hear from others about what they think.

To me, a best friend:

• Is there for us, no matter what the circumstances
    Will not judge us for what we believe in
    Will tell us when we are wrong
    Will give us a hug just because
    Will yell at us when we are wrong
    Will be the first ones to celebrate your success
    Will always be there for you
    Will never let you down, and if they do, they are so sorry
    Will suffer themselves to avoid your pain
And this is just a few things that describes what a best friend is. It doesnt matter if its a man to man, man to woman, woman to woman, or whatever. Its all about two people that really understand each other. In some ways, these friends are closer than what two people in a marriage can be.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Will let you down
    Will betray you

They will let you down easy, because they care for you, and would will and did take that bullet for you
    They will Betray you, because some bad news is too hard to bear, and they know it woulld kill you if you knew, right now, so they would rather brave your wrath later, than hurt you now.

They will not give up on you until it is too late for them to keep from hurting themselves over you
    they will betray the others sentiments over and again, to protect you

so what did you do to deserve this...

dont forget in your pain, that there are others in your life to whome you still matter, and that your actions still have consequences.
    protect these "Anam Cara" soul friends they will walk with you to the gates, as long as you walk with them
    that is what a Best Friend is to me
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I guess some one u share the good the bad and the ugly with each other an your both ok...
  • Runs toward you when others are running away,
    Tells you not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear
    Tells you when you are wrong as much as they do when you are right
    Tells you the truth, no matter how much it might hurt
    Can go months or even years without seeing you , but you know that if you just pick up the phone or say I need you, they will be there instantly
    Loves you, warts and all in fact, loves you so much because of the warts..
    forgives your shortcomings and says you don't have any......
    Knows all your secrets, even those that don't paint you in the best light
    Wouldn't betray those secrets no matter what
    Makes you laugh so hard that tears are streaming
    Lends you a shoulder or an arm or leg if you need it and doesn't care if they get it back but knows they will
  • bmbutlerbbmbutler Posts: 90
    edited 10/29/2013 - 11:02 AM
    I ended a "best friend"ship three years ago when the person began belittling me, making fun of me and telling others things I had said in confidence. Made me feel guilty after my surgery because I didn't tell her anything about it beforehand. Let her back in to my life only to get slammed down again a month later. Learned the hard way. Sometimes you don't need a friend like that.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    It does happen in the real world unfortunately then we seem to be "on guard" with others that we can trust. I know your hurt but we heal and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it, keep your head up and move on. Life is too short to let people like that make you miserable.
  • My husband is my best friend...
    He has been standing by my side for Almost two years as I've been going through all of this pain. We've been married for almost 19 years. He is my rock. Never once has he complained about all of the extra slack he's had to pick up along with being a business owner and taking our two teenage boys wherever they need to go since I can't drive. Every day I thank God for him <3
    Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014