Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoughts? Is it worth the noted side effects? My Dr. mentioned it at my physical for possible Fibromyalgia and muskuloskeletal pain..?
ACDF C4-5/5-6 - 04-09-2012

• Although I had horrible side effects from Neurontin and Lyrica I have had absolutely none negative side effects from Cymbalta. Everyone is different and you won't know until you try it but thought i would share my experience with it.
  • If you look under pain medications I have a post called never again and it was my experience with Cymbalta. I am finally off and starting a new medication. Not everyone has the same experiences but mine was horrible when I tried weaning off.

• Cymbalta works on a specific kind of pain, the nerve pain, that feels like a bad sun or wind burn, it also helps with depression.
    I had the side effects while starting I was sick to my stomach for 2 weeks, I was warned. but after the 2 weeks I immediately felt the benefits, especially the burning pain along my upper back, and it did even out my temperament also. My muscle spasms and bone pain were not helped by the cymbalta. If you have that burning pain it is worth a try. Now they start people off with 1/2 a dose for the first 2 weeks. Good luck
  • I appreciate the responses. True, necksoup - I guess it makes sense that it will work for a specific kind of pain. I had bloodwork done Friday to test for arthritis. I had an AFDC on 2 levels a year and a half ago and although it helped, I have not had a completely pain free day since all of this started. Once she gets the results of my bloodtests we will go forward from there.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 10/20/2013 - 4:42 PM
    I have noticed since stopping the Cymbalta that nerve pain (sciatica) has worsened but will talk to NS about something else for nerve pain. Reason for last post was to let you know how horrible my withdrawal symptoms were even though med is non habit forming. It scared me the symptoms I had. I hope that your tests come back good. I have severe artgritis in knees and spine and wrists. Those medications are a whole other scary :/ I hope all goes well with you :)

• Thank you for sharing your experience and for the well wishes.
    Hugs right back to you!
  • Liz53Liz53 MissouriPosts: 142
    I took it for one day and felt very dizzy so not for me.
    I realize it takes time for the body to get used to it but I needed to drive my daughter to school and just could not feel that way.
    I never gave it a chance to help my nerve pain! Living with it and hoping it goes away!