Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I could just cry!!!!

I am 9 weeks post-op from 3 lumbar lamenectomies, dura tear repair and micro discectomy and I am getting WORSE.

I am having pain in my back like if I make any wrong twist or turn, then my back will be totally " thrown out"
If you know what I mean? I am afraid and could just cry....

I did have 103 fever only 12 days after surgery and was delerious and in the middle of the night I fell when trying to get off of the toilet and landed on my 8 months old NEW TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT on tiled flooring.

Maybe I loosen something with the spine repairs and now with more walking and activity, Its going to all fall apart!

I am icing more in the last few days then in the 8 weeks post-op.

My next post-op appt is in three weeks. I hope i feel better then by the grace of God and/or can make it that long to see my surgeon if I am in trouble.

Concerned Rose ( usually the optimist, but realist as well)

• Do u think u should call the doc an tell him u fell? See what he says.
  • I am so sorry you are in pain. It might be best to call the Dr and tell him you had a fall. Maybe they could get you in earlier and check and make sure everything is OK. Falls can cause hip issues in people without recent surgery. I would have it checked
  • Oh honey, you need to call and least talk with the nurse. You should not be in this much pain this far out from surgery. It's just a phone call, I know it can be scary because you want to hope it will just go away and once you make that call you are admitting to the possibility that something is wrong. I know all to well. Come Monday if you have not notice any improvement just call, please, for me, so I know that you are ok. We all need to get better and not worst.

I finally admitted to my husband last night that I have been in more pain than I have been telling him. And that I have the same pain I had before when I re-herniated. The only difference is that I have not been awaken in the middle of the night with extreme pain shooting down my leg. yet. I'm waiting for that night to come yet. Monday will be the day. 2 weeks post-op from 2nd surgery, 2 months from first re-herniation, and 2 months 2 weeks since first surgery.
    We talked about if it happens again I will be going for a fusion because I don't want to go through this again. Hopefully a fusion will end all my nerve pain due to compression of the nerve root from the herniated disc. If so I am requseting it be done ASAP, I don't want to wait. But I guess I will cross that road if and when I get to it.

Love and Hugs,

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014
  • I fell onto my hard bathroom tiled floor after my first discharged, I was re-admitted after the fall and the doctors know about it, they took an xray of my new total hip replacement and assured me that THE NEW HIP WAS FINE, my hip doctor also viewed the hip xrays and told me it looked fine also.

I was feelin good after the fall in my hip and spine.

But when i came home and started walking, in home PT, some activities like SITTING MORE, i noticed more pain in the butt and pain in the back....

They did not order another MRI after my fall because i had just had a POST OP MRI a few days before when they put that CHEST VEST ON ME TO SHAKE THE PFLEGM OUT OF MY LUNGS THAT WAS NOT THERE,some of you may remember my story about that. MRI revealed lots of swelling, fluid and inflammation around surgical sites. I had to have ultrasonic needle guided aspiration of the spine to remove at least 100cc, more was left in. BUT NO DAMAGE TO SPINE REPAIRS from that Chest Vest.

Maybe damage 4-5 weeks after my fall now.

Its only a few weeks till my post op appt, I will see how it gies, but if i start loosing bladder/bowel control ir if my back goes
    "OUT" i will run to NYC.

Its difficult to get to NYC from my home if my husband the teacher cant take time off from school to drive me.

Thanks my preciuos buddies for your concern, support and friendship
    Love from my heart
  • AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
    edited 10/20/2013 - 7:43 AM
    I remember post op I would have a good day and I felt I could move around more, then the next couple days I paid for it. I would rest till I felt well and then again move a bit more and "wow the pain", rest up a couple days, feel better....and the cycle continued. I always felt like something was coming apart or going to fall out. Hopefully it is just that post op recovery feeling. Hope you are feeling better soon. How long is it to NYC? I hated car rides for 1 1/2 years post op.
  • With no traffic, thats 5:30-6:00 AM
    Really 5:30 AM, waking up at 4:30 AM, we can make it through the Lincoln tunnel, through central park and to the hospital
    IN about 1 3/4 hours
    But if there is traffic.....2 1/2-4hrs....or more

Its not a pleasant ride, and dont forget the ROAD RAGE along the way.....stress city

NJ/NY orkers love that middle finger. LOL

• I'm glad my surgeon is only 20 minutes away and it is all country roads till the city. I totally understand why you would wait but at the same time don't wait too long. <3

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014
  • WOW I hope you have egg crates, special pillows, and comfortable clothes for your journey. Maybe a good book might help you ignore the 'sign lanquage', lol
  • Sign language,,,,that made me chuckle and i needed a good laugh

And MamaShue yiu are such a supporting and good friend.

I have MANY friends on this forum and I thank God for each and every one of you.

Hugs, hershey kisses and prayers
  • Is still stronger than before the surgery.

That has to be a "good sign" huh?

I guess thats because of the 3 lamenectomies and removing 3 lamina, the cord is not choked or pinched anymore, so my foot drop foot can now become stronger and less weaker.

But at the same time,l my micro diskectomy at L4-5 could be re-herniating?????

The butt and low back pain is concerning me , we'll see how tge next few days go

• O dear. Sending positive thoughts your way! Certainly hope it hasn't re-herniated.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    ~Christopger Robin
    >:D< >:-D< :hug: