Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My doctor just ordered a compound cream for me called DBCGT but I don't know what the initials stand for. I can't find anything about it on the internet.

Can anybody help me with this? It's primarily for arthritis and bursitis.

Thank you!

• a mix of different pain meds/ antiinflammatories compounding into a cream, the cream should have the specific meds listed on the case
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • compounded topical medication blend.........diclofenac, baclofen, capsacin, gabapentin and I can't guess what the other might be at the moment. If I do manage to figure it out, I will post back....but my best friend has a cream/lotion compounded and it really did wonders for her pain.
  • .....necksoup and sandi for your replies. sandi, I'll look up those ingredients individually and see exactly what this stuff is. And if you figure out the "T", I'd appreciate your posting it for me.

necksoup, I looked high and low on the package and there wasn't a single ingredient listed. Not one. Just very basic directions.

sandi, I've only had this compound a very short time, but I can already feel a big difference. It's very expensive. Thank goodness for insurance or I wouldn't be able to get it.

Again, thanks.
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 10/26/2013 - 6:15 PM
    Yes, my friend's was also compounded and very expensive as well, something like 60.00 per tube that contained 4 ounces of the medication. It came in a opaque tube with a pump attached at the top and she was supposed to use a small amount a couple of times a day. She said that the first day she knew that this was going to work for her..she loves it.
    If I happen to figure out what the 'T' medication is, I will let you know. It might be topamax but not sure.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 10/26/2013 - 6:19 PM
    Hubby has tramadol in his compound and this is what the T stands for in his :)
  • recently my insurance stopped covering powdered gabapentin that they put in the compounded cream so they won't cover it anymore. It helped in combination with my other meds. I can't afford the compounded cream as all the ingredients run the cost over $1200 a month.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • You might ask your Dr. for Voltarian gel. It has diclofenac in it and many insurance companies cover it. I found that it helps me a lot.
    I have Ankolysing Spondylits, Ulcerative Colitis, DDD and a bit of OA to make things fun. Most of my problems are due to inflation of many joints, tendons and ligaments. I see a GP, a Rheumatologest, an orthopedic Dr and a wonderful PM.
  • This had worked wonders for my knees and sometimes for my back. Unfortunately a lot of insurances are refusing to pay for the gel and want people to use the pill which doesn't work at all. But if you can get it, it is so worth it.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • Thanks for all the replies. I've been using it and can tell it's working really well. It says I can use it 3-4 times a day, two pumps each time, but I've only needed it morning and night. I haven't used it for a few days now and can really tell, so tonight it's back to the pump.

So far my insurance has covered it twice and I have 2 more refills. Here's hoping I can continue getting it for no cost to me.

Before this compound I was using Voltaren gel and you're right, it's wonderful, although not nearly as good as my DBCGT. Thanks for all the commnts and I hope to see more.
  • Sounds great may have to ask my doctor about it. If its better than Voltaren it has to be amazing. Thanks for sharing!
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • paprbkrtrppaprbkrtr Posts: 4
    edited 11/17/2013 - 3:15 PM
    You're welcome. If you try it, I hope you have insurance to cover it as it's very expensive. I can't remember how much the pharmacist said it was, but it's a LOT.

Good luck, and let us know if you try it.