Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe Back Pain Can it be Instability???

angela3boysaangela3boys Posts: 2
edited 10/21/2013 - 5:01 AM in Lower Back Pain
I'd like some opinions on my condition...I've been fighting low back pain for years but since February 2012 it's been "going out" on my when I bend, lean forward, get up from a chair our out of my car. Its like a catch, it stops me dead in my tracks, sometimes I fall other times I can grab something. I wear a very tight brace that helps me feel like its holding everything together and a walker for a few days until I feel better. It is getting worse, meaning more frequent eppisodes and the episodes are becoming more disabaling and painful each time. Spasams are horrible and I feel like my back is broken,,my husband even lifts me on and off the toilet and moves me from seat to standing. My ortho says my xrays/mri show curvature of the spine not horrible with some axial twist, multiple level DDD, some hurniated discs, nothing really mind blowing.

What is causing my back to "go out" or this feeling of being unstable and broken??? I am unable to work now, can't drive very far becuase pushing the gas/brake makes it go out on me and I'm stuck in the car until someone gets home to help me out. My Ortho thinks it is lumbar instability and I need surgery but my insurance co says no way becuase my films dont "prove" it. I swear there is something more than a few pinched nerves going on here....I feel broken, like I have to keep my upper body just right when I walk as to not get it out of line or my low back will just crumble. Any ideas???

• Its scary and for me that was my clue that a disc was herniating and i better go lie down and pray it goes away with rest.
    But to me, your symptoms say. " a big herniation has taken place"

Dont suffer, get help

I feel you need an MRI. ASAP

This discussion has been closed.