Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I've moved across country. I did EVERYTHING right. Sent medical records early. My doctor gave me a month's worth of meds and I checked out how to fill them here, got them filled and it was OK. Now I am STILL not getting my pain management appt. The last doc gave me a hard time, with my medical records, I'm still waiting with this doctor. I'm now done with my meds. I'm on 50 Mcg fentanyl patch 72 hrs. the last one was on the 15th. It's now the 22nd. I'm on Nerontin 800 mg 3x a day. I'm really not feeling well with the pain, withdrawl from both medication. My nyc doc doesn't want to send an Rx to me.

I'm wondering should I go to an ER with my records and my old Rx and explain my situation? Tell them I'm waiting for a pain managment appt. I just don't know what to do. I don't know why no one will help me. I was at the best doctors the last two I was at. I wish I never moved. I'm so upset and feel so lousy. I feel so alone.

• You are not alone with Spine Health. It is a great website with lots of good support. Is there another doctor where you have moved to that could fill your meds temporarily?

Keep us posted.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • I was in a similar situation where I moved accross the state. I wound up going to my primary care doctor who wrote me my rx's until i could get into pm. I don't think the er will give you the patches. They might give you some pain meds.
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 10/26/2013 - 3:09 PM
    Did you schedule an appointment with the new doctor when you sent the records? Did he accept you as a new patient after getting the records? Or did you wait until you were about to run out of meds before calling to make sure that you were accepted into the practice and make an appointment?
    Unfortunately, since you have been off the fentanyl for two weeks now, putting a new patch on , even if you had them might be a bad move, since you have no opiates in your system at this point. The best thing to do is contact this new doctor, make an appointment and wait to see him. Or call around and find another one in the new area.