Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sleep recommendations after L3-4 fusion

OK, I'm biting the bullet and having L3-4 fusion 11/11. The pickle is when I come home. The bedroom is on the second floor and (14 steps) I'm told that steps should be avoided for a while. My choices downstairs are a recliner in which I can sleep well, a couch, or the floor.

I think I read somewhere that recliners aren't that cool. We are going to look at renting a bed possibly (and putting it in the living room) Oh rap, I just realized my clothes will be on the second floor too.

Oh well, thoughts/experiences on where and how to sleep?

Any tips for the "log roll" to sit up and lay down? Sitting at my home computer?

Discuss
Score: 2 brain surgeries for aneurysms, 3 strokes, 4 seizures and a bunch of TIAs. Time for a new hobby
advertisement

Comments

• Did the doctor say stairs were to be avoided, or have you just read that? I know back in 1989 (yes, I know... a long time ago and things have changed) I was 9 and I was having my first spine surgery and everyone told my parents that I wouldn't/shouldn't do stairs.... so they spent money on remodeling the house and guess what? The day I left the hospital my surgeon asked if we had stairs and when my mom said yes he said I should be climbing them every day....lol. All of my other surgeries I was encouraged to use the stairs as well, and was "trained" on how to do it with PT.... I'd just double check. If the surgeon said no stairs, then he/she might also have some thoughts on beds as well. And as far as log rolling, don't worry... the hospital PT will have you well trained before you go home. Best of luck to you.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.