Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Let me introduce myself

I am a 35 year old female. December of 2012 I had ACDF surgery on C5-C6 with plate and screws. I only have problems with my neck and shoulder now when I do a lot of repetitive motions. I was also having lower back pain as well but because of arm pain and numbness we addressed my neck issues first. I am now suffering low back pain with sciatic pain and numbness of right foot. I have tried PT, steroid injections x2, tens unit with no relief. I am scheduled for laminectomy and discectomy for L5-S1 on 12-12-13.
Currently taking
Percocet 5/325 2 pills every 4-6 hours
Amitriptyline 50mg at bedtime
Fentanyl 75mcg every 72 hours
Meds barely touch pain.
But I am really hoping that this surgery will give me as much relief as my ACDF surgery did.

I have found a lot of great info on this site.
Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
advertisement

Comments

• It is good to hear that your ACDF has really reduced your neck problems.
    There are many of us here who have needed to have both neck and lumbar spinal surgeries.

Hopefully your laminectomy and discectomy in December will give you great relief too and mean that you can reduce the medication that you have to take.

There is a wealth of information about spinal conditions and the various treatments and surgeries to deal with them.
    Being able to talk to others going through similar problems is very helpful too.

• Thanks Jelly. I have been reading a lot on the forums and the good and bad outcomes of surgery. But it is great to know that we are not alone.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
  • The strong opioid meds didn't touch my pain until they combined them with a muscle relaxant. I take Rivotril 500mcg (clonazepam)- which is non addictive, when I take my pain meds and that helped so much, otherwise my muscle spasms were making my pain so much worse.
  • I used to take flexeril but it didn't help. I have been having a lot of spasms lately so when I next see the DR. I will ask him. I am so ready to get surgery done and hopefully have great results and get my life back. It stinks when you can't do the things you enjoy because of pain.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
advertisement