Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

symptoms from L2-L1 disc herniation

Hi all- I had a fusion in June of L2-L3 and L3-4. My L2-L1 disc is also badly herniated and since my surgery I've had more pain in that area, as well as sciatica from my L4-L5 being bad (surprisingly my L5-S1 is fine. I guess the curvature of my back is such that it doesn't put pressure on that level). My doctor warned me this could happen as the levels above and below take on more work. I'm just wondering what specific symptoms any of you may have had resulting from a L1-L2 herniation. Where do you hurt? Other areas of body affected? I'm trying to pinpoint some of my weird symptoms. On a happy note the symptoms I had that led me to do the L2-L4 fusion are gone and my fusion is going well even though I'm only almost 5 months out of surgery. Thanks fellow spineys!
Severe DDD in S1-T12. 5 disc herniations. 5 compression fractures. Had a 2 level lumbar fusion/decompression on June 12, 2013. L4-5 foraminotomy on Jan 8, 2014, Right SI fusion in Oct 2014. Scheduled for L4-5 fusion to existing fusion on Sept 28, 2015