Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh dear God! I, like many of you, hurt so freaking bad! When will it stop?

• I can really relate to this right now! It seems like it is never going to end and everyday it seems to get a little worse for me. I know there is no magic pill to fix us but I wish there was. I hope you are feeling better today.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    As you read many of the stories from various members, you can almost break down the pain situation into two:

A Pain Prior to and After Surgery
    B Pain long after any surgery

Pain A seems to be what is discussed the most here. There is a pain situation that happens before surgery. Hopefully, after surgery, that [/u] pain level has subsided. But now you are faced with the [u]post-operative[/u] pain,
    then the [u] recovery [/u] pain and finally [u] return to normal
    pain. All those pain periods are real and will take different time frames for different people. Some people recovery quicker and all of those pain periods are gone in a few short months after surgery. Months you say? Yes, Recovering from any spinal surgery, or any major surgery takes time. Right now I am only about 16 days after my right hip replacement. I am in a lot of pain due to some additional complications after the surgery... but I know by January/February all of that pain should be gone and then it would be a couple more months before I return somewhat to normal.

Dont rush, let nature take its intended course. What we could do is to make sure we are following all instructions and limitations we may have been given. That is the number 1 thing in getter closer to the end of that cycle.

Meanwhile, ice can be a very friendly companion.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron, good luck in your recovery from your hip replacement. Mine is pain after surgery, it will be two years post op and one year post MVA for me. I was well into recovery and got smashed by a car. Downhill ever since. Everyday is a struggle, I pray to God for some relief. Summi, thanks for the kind words and you hang in there as well.