Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My clothes hurt me

I wasn't sure where this belongs, chronic pain or neck pain...since this is about mainly my ribcage I put it here.
So, i am wondering if anyone if others suffer from feeling like a python is squeezing them around their mid-section? I do have some arthrapy at T5+ T6....also MS in that location, according to recent bone scan and older MRI of thorax . I have heard the term MS Hug...that kind of sounds like this....
I can't avoid telling u all that this pain is worse if I am wearing a bra...straps around mid section. It is very painful to wear even a super loose bra. Not wearing a bra out of the house is really really not a good look for me. The whole issue has me being more of a shut in than I would like. Even in a nightgown I sometimes feel this constriction ....It's a drag, yet another hurdle of living with chronic pain.
Does anyone have this problem and know what it is and what can help it besides not wearing a bra?
Thanks. Alsomom

• Do you still have a gall bladder? I had this going on a few times, slightly different and I won't bore you with details... but I ended up having my gallbladder removed and it only happened once more when my was severely dehydrated and in major pain.... so I'm **hoping** that I won't ever experience it again as it was some of the worst pain of my life. Do go check with your GP. Sure, it likely is your spine but want to cover all bases.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • I do have my gallbladder...and will suggest the possibility to my GP. Your profile pic is quite something. I am happy u r able to have ur family and carry on :)
    Thanks for taking time to write? Alsmom
  • Anelsen , I do have fibro-perhaps that is part of this picture..thanks for your input.
  • I have severe sternum and rib pain at times from Costochrondritis.
    My bra in mid section hurts also during a flare up

If you touch your chest does it hurt and is it tender to the touch?

• They aren't super supportive if you have large breast but it covers people being able to see your nipples. The only down side I had was I have issues with adhesives. But it helped not having straps and bands causing pain
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
  • Hi Rose, thanks for writing. And good to hear from u again. I had to look up Costochrondriest ( pardon my spelling) I never heard of it and don't quite understand what it is. Yes, my chest hurts and ribs and spine...in a circle around t5/T6. Clothes make it feel worse as does sitting for more than 15 min....thank you!,
  • Since I am 67 and mom of 2, u can say tape over nips would just hide nips and giv no support . Unless there r bras now made using tape. Thanks so much for writing and for you insight. Feel good! Alsmom
  • There are tape bras they are meant to be worn with clothes where a bra just won't work if you are big busted they don't give as much support as if you are small busted they do okay up to a c/d cup. I just can't remember the name of them. As my brain gets foggy some times.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
    Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13