Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pregnancy after Microdisc?

We just had our first baby,just 2 months before ihad my microdisc...which according to my drs say my herniated disc was probably in part due to my pregnancy and the extra weight - im normally a pretty small girl and i gained 45lbs (and no it wasnt al mcd's - i ate fairly well and did some excercises). I was just all belly when i was prego and i will admit i did alot of bending/lifting i prolly shouldnt have, but hey hindsight is 20/20.
so my question is, my husband and i always wanted to have 2 kids and now im scared to ever get pregnant again. i have no plans to do so anytime soon. probably wait AT LEAST a year but im just curious about others experiences...anyone else have a baby after microdisc and how did it go?

• I had my first surgery in 02 and it was an open d/s. I had my kids in 08 and 10 and and did just fine. I did reherniate while pushing my 2nd but an IV round of steroids while I was in the hospital and an oral round when I got homeland I was good as new:). Good luck!
    March 2002 L4-5 open d/s
    July 2012 L4-5 micro d/s
    November 2013 L4-5 micro d/s
    December 2013 C6-7 ADR
  • sleepy20520ssleepy20520 Posts: 111
    edited 11/12/2013 - 8:57 AM
    i see on your signature that you had other surgeries later, was that because of the pregnancies?
  • I don't know that I can blame the pregnancies, I just have a bad disc at that level. The surgery last year could have originally been caused by the pushing herniation. I had another surgery today and obviously haven't had any more kids since my last surgery so I just have a crappy back!
    March 2002 L4-5 open d/s
    July 2012 L4-5 micro d/s
    November 2013 L4-5 micro d/s
    December 2013 C6-7 ADR