Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 yrs after discectomy, new symptoms

Hi, I was using this forum over 2 years ago when i had a prolapsed disc at l4 l5 i had surgery laminectomy and discectomy, it took me a long time to recover, i couldnt stand or sit properly for a good year without a lot of pain, recently i had been feeling stronger then after a long train trip i developed some lumber pain that reminded me of the pain id had before, this gradually got worse and is now like a pushing feeling at the bottom of my spine, i have sciatica and leg pain again in both legs also weekness and cannot stand for long again the only relief is to lay. I have pain and buzzing between my legs and am looking out for signs of cauda equina as last time the pressure was on my low spinal cord which became an urgent op. Im worried its the same again and am seeing my consultant next week,the only good thing is that they havnt hung around this time and have referred me straight back to him ,i must say i thought i would get back to normal after the previous surgery but i dont feel that happened at all :(

• Hi
    We here are hoping for good, happy success stories but, oh well
    Welcome back, guess you did not plan on coming back to the forum?

I am truly sorry you are having problems again.

Did you at least have ONE GOOD YEAR of feeling better after your surgery?

I have cauda equina as well and am scared that it might come back

For me HEAT is my enemy....i am 13 weeks post-op
    3 lamenectomies, discectomy for severe stenosis, re-vision of a discectomy and cauda equina syndrome, plus dura tear

Having muscle spasms and " catching" in my low spine when i try to stand up after sitting, its almost like I threw out my back again. Anyway I tried HEAT for relief for the first time since lumbar surgery in August, and I could not urinate.
    My bladder problems came back. I guess the heat made my sensitive nerve endings swell and become inflammed and tge CES symptoms came back.
    While afraid, i ran for the ICE and within a few hours my bladder problems went away.

• Hey there, sorry you are having trouble again. Yes, long trips and cold weather are my nemesis (enemies). I know to take some form of anti-inflammatory before a long trip and stop frequently (if possible, unless a flight). I have to talk a warm shower upon arrival and stretch even more frequently for several days afterward. Maybe just continued inflammation from your trip. Considering you got relief...there is hope that the nerves are just aggravated.

Good luck at your appointment.
This discussion has been closed.