Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic Spondylosis /Stenosis

I was in a car accident 2 years ago (rear ended hard at a red light which totaled my car and my back) and have been left with Chronic pain ever since. Some of my symptoms but not all include; constant back back which i describe as varying from a feeling like there is a small hot knife in my back to a large ax in my back. It often radiates around my chest/rib cage mostly right sided but has also effected both sides. It feels as if i am being stabbed in the lungs or having a heart attack and make breathing difficult. The pain is progressively getting worse and everyday seems to take a little more away from my life. Some days the pain also radiate up into my rt shoulder and causes severe spasms. My most recent MRI, 2 years post accident indicates Thoracic Spondylosis /Stenosis/DDD at T3-T4, T4-T5, bulging at T5,T6 and T11-T12. Previous MRI's indicated the same just post accident. Its been two years with not much relief at ALL. I have to take substantial amounts of narcotic medicines just to manage throughout the day.

My question is my most recent MRI also indicates bone spurring and end plate irregularities is this as a result of the discs getting worse over time?

Also I feel as if the DR's just have given up and want me to live on pain medicines, countless ESI injections, PT, massage, etc until i can no longer work, walk, or lose control of my bladder all of which i cannot let happen i have a family to provide for. At what point will they consider surgery so that I don't have to lose everything before i can get some relief. Also my insurance will not approve an electronic spinal stimulator which multiple doctors have told me i should try. Insurance will only cover for failed back surgery, or a couple other very limited diagnosis codes all of witch do not relate to Thoracic disc issues.

After two years of living with this I am starting to feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I have read so many stories of people dealing with the same issues and they continue to live like this for years without real relief. At times it discouraging that i may have to continue to suffer, miss out on life, and just live with this.

I would love to hear some success stories and or advice on how to get some real relief.

• I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Spine-Health contains detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal conditions and treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some links you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/spinehealth, Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/ , and Twitter @SpineHealth.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to contact any one of the moderators on my team: