Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic pain no help

emtbls1987eemtbls1987 Posts: 1
edited 11/19/2013 - 9:18 PM in Chronic Pain
Hello All,

I am writing this post to see if u cant get help. First off this all started when I had to have stomach surgery for a hiatal Hernia and severe acid reflux. They did a nissen fundoplication back in 2008. After surgery and being.released from hosp I went two weeks and couldnt eat threw up all food. And lost alot of weight. Called surgeons office he was out but his oncall dr told me.to.go straigbt to er. They did a barium swallow and.saw I could nt get food past wrap..next.day my original surgeon came see me and called me a psychiatric patient. Did a hole.bunch of tests and found that wasnt.to.hard tl get.past wrap. So dr called me a nut case came in sscreaming with patient room.door open.so.all.on.the floor could hear. Finaly my gastro showed up and he ordered another barium swallow. Asked radiologists if all in.my head and he mw no. Told him dr had saif I was full of it. Radiologists was xxxx cause surgeon was calling him a lier to. Finally they decided takw Dow n the wrap. When in or surgeon was a xxxx looked at me said idk what to do about you. Then told anesthesiologist to not put me all the way under. So had terrible night mare and othe things. Parents waited 7 hrs while I was in or. When dr came out told them all was good no.problems just took longer. Well to find.out in report I was.severly scared from stomach to liver they had to dissect all that off. . Well he hit my vagus nerve and cut it. Shortl after surgery. Couldnt eatagain and dropped tons of weight. Was down too 98lbs. Had to beg urgent care to admit me. During hosp time they tried nasal feeding tube but.stomach wouldn't take it. They put in a picc line into my vein too feed me. I got a bad staph infection threw ny blood system. Had dr appoint in seattle wa. Put me on antibiotics threw pic line after pulling.it. then had me go.to infusion room in seattle. And locally. Then after that staph came back felt so achy and hurt so.bad I cied non.stop drs barely would give me.pain meds. Then got discharged snd sent.back to infusion room.for same.antibiotic. then aftef seeing my family Dr who refused. To wash he hands or wear gloves while checking my picc which goes into.the heart. I got staph back and yeast infection. Bad aches stoll almost died in ER. Dr though was all a show and a fake was 103 temp. refused meds for coconstant dry heaves and pajn. Nurse had to bitch at him too. Ever since all that have had really bad leg pains almost cant walk. Saw pain management dr for bit then his director fired him cause he was helping people called in his patients drug tested all of them. Lied to me told me was weird test result. Then refused to give me meds till they got results from California. After 2 weeks called me up said I was taking meth. Told them I never have taken that and I wanted to see results. Told no appointment kicked out. No withdrawal help nothing to bad withdrawal. Got my test from lab in mail was fine just my oxy was prescribed. So no dr will help me at all Anymore. Body and legs hurt so bad cant take it. What. Do I do ive taken.every otc to.snd past max doses. Tons of nsads. Just pain meds help.

Post Edited for Inappropriate Language by Liz (Moderator)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    a hard time trying to figure out what this thread is saying. Maybe someone can summarize it for me
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • ron
    i have no clue what it is or means. i am just as baffled as you. i don't know their point or what their problem is.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • It sounds to me like this person had a bad experience possibly with a crooked and incompetent doctor and is angry. The person was labeled as a drug abuser as a result of this experience and they claim that they did not abuse drugs. As a result of the label, the person does not know where to go to continue to get pain medication and wants to know if someone can help them on this site. That is my take on the posting.

Assuming the story is true, I think the person needs to manage their anger in addition to their pain. As the old saying goes, you attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. They also need to find another doctor that can and is willing to help them. Since I don't know the California health market, I can understand their problem, but am unable to provide specific answers other than keep looking for someone that can help.

• asignor908aasignor908 Posts: 339
    edited 12/04/2013 - 12:22 AM
    As a vet with PTSD I certainly can relate to losing it after going through that hell. I had to learn to stay calm in order to get care givers that would want to help you. Is there anything they can do to repair the damage? I don't know you are in a bad situation. I would try to get a referral to pain management from a doctor who knows you . With all the drug abuse in this country right now drug abuser is not the label you want but I believe this can be overcome with honesty and effort and a copy of the drug screen.
    Good luck
    AL S
  • once again it is hard to support a poster when we only get one side of a story. i still am not sure what his problem is due to his writing issues. but if he thinks that his drs label him as a drug seeker, maybe there is some truth to that. I still have problems with posters labeling drs as crooked and incompetent when they don't know what has happened and they only get it from one point of view. why is it the dr is crooked and incompetent? how can someone make those judgements when they don't know the whole story and have only gotten the information from a poster? when people have issues with the va or disability it is always the doctor's problems and attitudes?
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • First, I'm sorry, but your story is very difficult to follow, so I am trying to see if I am understanding your problem.
    The first thing you need to know, is that you have the right to refuse to allow anyone who will not follow basic hand washing techniques to come any where near you. Pain medications are not necessary to treat infections, antibiotics are used for that purpose.
    I am not sure why you feel that you need ongoing pain management, however, from what I can gather from your post, you feel that some doctor misintrepreted your test and you were dismissed from pain managment? Is that correct? If you have a copy of the original testing results, all you need to do is make an appointment with another pain management doctor, and let them get your records from the previous doctor. If you can prove that the test in question, result is wrong, and you have your copy from the testing facility, you may be able to find a new doctor.
    The other thing is that pain medication is only ONE small part of an overall pain management program, and it would be wise to use the least amount of medication for the shortest time possible, and rely on all of the other modalities out there to ease the pain, including but not limited to the over the counter products available.