Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can I get all 6 months up front.

I am deploying to Afghanistan and I am currently taking Norco 10/325 4 times daily. I am given 5 refills. Can I get all 720 up front to last me the year I am deployed?
Brantley Thompson

• b-rantley, first, thank you for your service, second, to answer your question is maybe. It would depend on your doctor, your pharmacy. Giving them both a copy of your orders and having your doctor write the pharmacy a letter, its still a maybe. But, if I may ask, what job will you be doing over there? Also, I think they do have some sort of pharmacy over there as many soldiers get injured and need medication so you might very well be able to fill it over there on base. Regardless, good luck and safe travels.
  • There could be two options for you; see if your regular pharmacist can get the medication approved for the time frame and give him a copy of your orders so he can prove to insurance that you are leaving. Second, check with Tricare to see if they will get/cover your meds prior to deploying.

When I got activated and sent over in 2003, my personal insurance covered my meds for 6 months. After that, I had to rely on Tricare covering what I needed.

Good luck in the sand box!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Thank you for your call to duty.

I have never been away for any long periods of time, but when I did travel overseas, I knew I needed at least two refills of my medications before I left. I contacted my Insurance carrier, explained the situation and they took care of the over ride in the system which then allowed my pharmacist to process the prescriptions in advance.

Not being in the military, I do not know if they have other provisions to help you with this.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have been a medic for 7 years and I know for a fact that taking Norco would make me non-deployable. All narcotics are reserved for acute trauma. I may try and coordinate a few months ahead and then if that does not work I will just have my wife send refills. I appreciate all your responses.
    Brantley Thompson